background

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Break Activities!

The kids got to choose one family activity during the break...
Color Me Mine (Jac's choice)
We all made bowls for our greek yogurt; well, ice cream for Thomas and Emily :)


Jac
Emily
Jill


Matt

Thomas













The Rock Quarry (Thomas' choice)
Thanks for posting Jac!

 We all loved this activity!
All the way to the top! (Yes, the kids are AMAZING climbers!)


"I think I'm stuck..."
"I'm smiling, but I'm really complaining and I refuse to touch the top! Even if I'm only two rocks away!"
Woo-Hoo!
Our lovely belayers! They were troopers and followed us around!

 Emily chose Cross Country skiing which will have to come later because it was too cold! (Are you surprised she picked XC skiing? Us too!)
After the Quarry, we went to Deb's for a Harry Potter New Years Party! Everyone dressed up! This is Tonks and Belatwix....
Mom the MUgGle...
the whole crew....
Hagrid...
Harry Potter...
Ron, Fred, Neville, George, Hermonie (s), and Harry.....
Fred and George....
Neville and Luna Lovegood....
and another outfit for the twins!
Then we celebrated a Happy New Year with the 2010 Ball Drop! Woo Hoo!

It's been a very fun two weeks! It's sad it's over! Good thing we can have fun no matter if there's a break or not! Until next year!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Absolutely amazing Jill! Such a fun idea with your family!

PixieGirl said...

I love the idea of letting them each pick something! Color me mine is a favorite:)

Angie said...

Deb sounds very fun. What a great time. I hope your new year 2011 is filled with much joy and happiness.

Amber said...

I love how get such great pictures of family fun! What a fun idea to let them pick! We did Color Me Mine once and loved it. We made plates.
Love you!

Mindy said...

How cute to see what each of your kids picked and what awesome parents you are to make that happen!!! I LOVE that idea! I love to come on your blog and get inspiration and motivation to be better! Thanks Jill!!! Your family is SO cute!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Again! Such great pictures! The camera and photogragher both do such an amazing job! So clear and crisp. Love how you captured the fun while rock climbing... and the comment on what Em was really feeling! :) What a fun tradition for everyone to pick an activity during break...love all the ideas you have for quality family time!
p.s. Tell your gorgeous, fun, and clever 15 year old we think she is the best. We've been waiting for her b-day post! XOXOXO

Audrey Carlson said...

What fun things you did!!! Thanks for sharing. My 5 year old has been begging me to go rock climbing. it's on our list to do this year.

We didn't even have two weeks, it made me sad.

Happy New Year!

marilyn said...

You guys are the greatest planners and your kids will have the greatest memories of how much the family had together, I love watching the fun and love in your family, you put a lot into 2 weeks!