background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Images of Greatness...

The students in Thomas' 6th grade class each chose a famous person in history to present. Can you guess who Thomas chose?
I was born in June 1910
I wanted to be a pilot way back then
I got into a car crash, I was injured so bad
I didn't turn bitter, I wasn't even mad

My flying days were over but I didn't just give up
I choose to go down to the sea and never look back up
The first time that I went deep sea diving
I was amazed that the ocean was alive and thriving

I wanted to stay under water even longer
Because I knew the ocean was something to ponder
So I asked Emile Gagnan a good engineer
To help me, although it took a whole long year

In 1943 we made the Breathing Apparatus
We were in all the papers, the people loved us
I have made many inventions, that is true
With them we could explore the ocean blue

My best ship I ever used was called the Calypso
Throughout my whole life I loved her dear, so
With my crew we did a thing or two
We made over 100 movies, that is true

I died on my bed in June, 1997
A lot of people said that I went to heaven
I got a lot of awards during my career
My legend lives on even to this year

WHO AM I?
Jacques Cousteau

As I am sure you can imagine, Thomas did a FABULOUS job reciting his poem. He was the STAR of the show :) OK, I guess I am partial but who wouldn't be???

3 comments:

Angie said...

Awesome Thomas! I agree with you Jill I am sure he was wonderful.

wendy said...

Pretty cool! I never knew all that about Mr Cousteau.

Amber said...

Thomas, you've got LOTS of talent for public speaking. I can tell you were having fun! I'm sure this was fun to watch. The poem is awesome. Love you!