background

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Utah Valley Marathon

IT'S MARATHON TIME
For Matt anyway...I was 'lucky' enough to get a stress fracture on top of my Tibia which kept me away from running for 8 weeks right in the middle of training!

DESIGN BY JAC! Isn't it awesome!?
She did it for a shirt design contest...then we found out you had to be 18 years old to enter ;( oh well, it's awesome anyway!

Pre-race meals are the BEST!

I was able to run the 10k with these beautiful ladies from my ward
Angie Larson, Christy Allfrey and Hailey Christensen
They are running buddies and planned to wear matching shirts...I just happened to be wearing the exact same shirt!! It was meant to be ;)

Matt and I decided to run for our friends daughter who just passed away. Tatum was such a fighter!!! It kept us motivated to fight like she did
 

Can you imagine having the energy to give high fives at the end of a 26 mile run? That's my man for you!!!

Finished with a 3:09!!!

We are just a little excited to go to Boston next year :)
 
I had a fun race and actually placed 2nd in my age category! FIRST PRIZE EVER!!
We won't mention that all the fast people were running the full and 1/2 marathons ;)

It feels so great to RUN!!!

No comments: