background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

XC STATE MEET

XC STATE MEET 2010 at Sugarhouse Park

14 years old, a freshman, running against 150 of the BEST RUNNERS in the STATE... Was she NERVOUS? 
WHO WOULDN'T BE?


 It was a VERY TOUGH course with LOT's of HILLS
 KILLER hills!


Jac ran hard and did her best to stay strong. It wasn't her best race. It was actually an "off" day for her. Frustrating? Yes, especially when it's your last race of the year. BUT this is how life goes...she now knows what it feels like to have a "bad" race day. 
"Bad race" is all relative of course since even on her "off" day Jac came in...
17th place!! 
 One of Jac's many gifts is that she is TEACHABLE . She learns from her experiences, good and bad. She has such a positive attitude. She knows she had an AMAZING season. She is proud of what she has accomplished. With that said, she is not afraid to be honest with herself, find out where she can improve and work hard to prepare herself even better for next year. Watch out runners, she will be READY! 
We are so PROUD 

Coach Rowe and Coach Hays 
Coaches can make a HUGE difference. We have been so grateful for their passion and dedication to helping every person reach the full potential.



This team has had so much fun together. I have been amazed at the caliber of people the XC team is made of. I guess it just shows you that runners are AWESOME! hee hee
True friends are priceless; luckily,this team is full of them!
GOOD THING WE HAVE 3 MORE YEARS TOGETHER! :)

8 comments:

Brandi said...

She is amazing. I can't believe that that was considered an off day. WOW! I wish my off days were that awesome. Good Job!

Angee said...

That was a great day.

3 more years sounds fantastic. But let's make it like 7 more. :)

Go Lehi XC...

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This made me tear up! I know first hand the pressure of State. All the work, all the hours of dedication and sacrifice just to get to this day!! Uggggg...that state was an off day!!Ugggg...double UGGGGGG!!!

BUT, WOW. WOW. I couldn't be more proud of you. That phrase is over used so it sounds so weak!! So, I'll try and say it a little stronger-
"I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU."
Your ears should be burning. I want you to read and re-read your mom's post. She said everything so perfectly. What a great example you are. What an amazing season of growth you've had. Oh, we love you!
Congratulations girlie girl.
CONGRATULATIONS!! This season spoke volumes of the amazing person you are.

Rod and Jess said...

Congratulations Jac! You are such an inspiration to all of us! What an amazing kid! You have more self-discipline and drive at age 14 than I could ever imagine having even as an adult! I am so proud of you - not just for your runs, but for all you are and all you stand for! Way to go!

marilyn said...

Jac is my hero, I want to be like her when I grow up! Jill and Matt are great parents and it is so exciting to see how Jac has grown so beautiful inside and out, what a great example and what a great year, Congrats Jac we couldn't be prouder!!! Love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

p.s. Jill, your pictures are amazing! Really awesome close-ups, candid's and the big groups of ALL the runners, running...so cool!!

Amber said...

Made me tear up too... and I don't personally know the pressure of state!! I'm SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU! GO JAQ!!!!!
Awesome job on the pix.

Unknown said...

That is amazing!! She has 3 more years to go! I can't wait to see where she goes with all her sports!