background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birthday in the SUN!

I just happened to have my birthday while in Arizona. Even though I hated being away from Matt, Jac, Thomas, and Emily; I was able to enjoy a great "Happy Birthday" phone call from them, along with a beautiful warm and sunny day, running with Wade, and relaxing with my Mom while eating fresh picked oranges off the tree!
I was also privileged to be serenaded by 4 very talented young men singing "Happy Birthday"... It was fabulous!
The fun didn't stop there; Laurisa and Grafton invited us over to their place to watch a boat parade on La Vista Lake. All the boats were decked out with lights. It was so nice of them to plan such a fun birthday party for me :) 
We walked around and enjoyed the lights after which brought back many memories for me since this is what I ALWAYS did as a child, only it was Temple Square lights and usually FREEZING temps!
It was a bummer to be away from home but I must say how LOVED everyone made me feel! They went out of their way to make my birthday special. I even got a beautiful cake! hmm... it looks a lot like Josy's wedding cake :)
It was a great day. Thanks for spoiling me!

No comments: