background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers day...

Some women don't like Mother's day because they feel so inadequate. I had a friend give the BEST advice... EMBRACE it! Why not let yourself ENJOY 1 day of pampering and LOVE from your family who KNOW all of your weaknesses yet, LOVE YOU ANYWAY!
So, I DID! As you can see, my family spoiled me with an amazing breakfast, fun, thoughtful and  sweet gifts; and the best part was being able to spend the WHOLE day TOGETHER!

Thomas made a book of poems. Here is one of them... he know just the right things to say :) 

WHAT IS A MOTHER?
A mother is a tender touch
A person who loves you very much
The very person you can count on
Even when you've left your light on
The person who willingly cleans the house
But will never, ever pick up a dead mouse
The person who loves the healthy foods 
Although you can never predict her moods
My love for you I can't express
You, my mother, the very best!
Matt and I celebrated our 17th anniversary on Friday. Jac asked us if we had imagined our lives to be any different when we got married. It was so cool to be able to look at her and honestly say,
"This is EXACTLY how we imagined our life!"
Obviously, we had no idea what challenges we would be facing but they have taken us on the road we have always desired... Luckily it's where the Lord wants us too!
We have each other, we have 3 of the best kids in the whole world, we have a great house with amazing neighbors, friends and family surrounding us, Matt has a great job and we have have the gospel... it doesn't get much better than this!
I am so grateful Matt agreed to take me out 17 years ago, even though it took some convincing, it proved to be one of the best decisions of our lives :) 

7 comments:

Deni said...

Jill, you are stunningly beautiful. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary my friend.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

OH , I love this sweet post. I agree with you, you do have 3 amazing kids. That poem!!! Hilarious, and so good! A definite keeper...and so is the guy in the last picture.:) Beautiful picture of you. Love you all so much.

Christina said...

Ooh! how sweet! I love you guys so much! :) I'm glad that you were willing to come spend part of your Mother's Day with us.

Angie said...

So sweet Happy Mother's day and Happy Anniversary what a great month. Love you guys!

Amber said...

I love the picture of you and Matt! You look beautiful! Happy Mother's Day! Nice poem Thomas! And I love the flowers on the table! I'm glad your day was wonderful!

marilyn said...

Your dad and I are so thankful for you both, what a great team you are and what great parents to three amazing beautiful children, that we couldn't possible do without! Love you

wendy said...

Ok, let me just say I love that poem!!! I hope you put in a frame and hang it on the wall! What a beautiful family you have!! I love you so much!!!