background

Friday, January 4, 2013

It's 18 degrees outside…what will YOU do?

 
We woke up New Years day ready for a run...
just 15 degrees, NO BIGGY right?
As we sat around staring out the window hoping for the thermostat to go UP; I thought to myself, This is the 1st day of the year...What you do today will show who you are! Are you going to be TOUGH or are you a wimp?
SO...I finally pushed myself out the door at 11:00...18 degrees with the sun shining.
Was it worth it?
EVERY. SINGLE. STEP! 
Matt, Thomas and Jac enjoyed their runs too :)
 How does that song go?..."What doesn't kill us makes us stronger..."
It's going to be a great year for this "TOUGH" family :)

HAPPY 2013!

3 comments:

PixieGirl said...

Guess what I did on that icy morning...slept in, stayed in my pajamas for hours, ran on the treadmill about 1:00ish...ha! Love you die hard runner girl

Amber said...

Tough is an understatement! That is COLD! Glad your New Year started off with a bang!! XOXOXo

Lynn said...

You are tough!! I don't know what
is better, living in a hot sauna
or freezing. Its hard to imagine
being cold again. I didn't doubt for a second what choise the Heaps
would make. You are our heros!!!
Love you
Mom and dad