background

Sunday, September 29, 2013

GO BIG!

Big Cottonwood marathon and 1/2 marathon 

Running the 1/2 with 2 of the most amazing ladies you'll ever meet...Leesa Jones and Tamara Bell

We had a blast running together...these ladies know how to keep you entertained!
 
 
 
Leesa paced me the whole way motivating me to keep going strong!
It felt so great to get a PR by 6 minutes!
It was an awesome, fast race! 

Now for Matt's marathon...
Matt was on a mission; a SUB 3 hour mission that is ;)
 
 
I LOVE watching Matt run...he looks the same at the end of the race as he did at the beginning!
Finishing with a 2:56!!
9th place overall, 8th place men and 3rd place age division...oh and a PR by 13 minutes!!!!!
I couldn't stop yelling and cheering...It was SO EXCITING!!

Our brother in law, Lou,  ran his first marathon and was on track to qualify for Boston until his legs decided differently at mile 22. Lou didn't stop, his determination and pure grit got him through the next hour and 4 miles. I found him at the last .25 of the race. He looked at me and said "I hit the wall, and it fell on me!" As we turned the corner, his legs completely collapsed. I picked him up and started helping  him make it to the finish line as another runner came from behind with a big smile and said, "Let's finish this together!" and so that's what we did! 

It was  surreal experience to watch Lou push through something so incredibly difficult and NOT GIVE UP!! He has already signed up for his next marathon and is so grateful for the lessons he learned at this one.  PURE AWESOMENESS!
 
I can't tell you how much fun it is to run with Matt...even if I can't keep up with him ;) Having similar goals and working towards races has been a great activity to do together! He is such an inspiration to me of making goals, working hard and accomplishing them!!!
I sure love my SUB 3 man ;)

No comments: