background

Monday, October 12, 2009

Last Game of the season

Saturday was the last game for the Purple Dragons. Emily was so devastated! ;)
The first game everyone was exhausted after 15 minutes; by the last game the girls were begging to stay in longer. This made it much easier for Emily to gracefully give up her turn to others! isn't she so sweet??
When Emily wanted to play she was AMAZING! She ran after the ball and kicked it every chance she got. One time she even came close to making a goal!
Look at her go!
Other times, Emily tried really hard to look like she was into the game. She would kick the air as she went down the field, so we could see how hard she was working.

Even though soccer isn't Emily's favorite thing to do, she enjoyed playing with her friends. It was a great way for her to gain more endurance after a year of not doing too many active things.

Kellen, her coach was very patient and understanding. He was always smiling and yelling out encouraging words to all the girls. We couldn't have asked for a better coach!

We are hoping she enjoys it more in the spring. MAYBE she might learn to love it like Thomas does! Hmm...this might be pushing it a little :)

5 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

ahhh! how adorable! i miss you guys so much.. can i spend the night soon?? sorry when you came over i got sick right after i saw you.. but im better and later this week i want to see you guys:) :) :) :) love you,

love me

Amber said...

Adorable!! The cutest ever.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Oh, I am so glad I read this post tonight! I needed a good laugh! I am dying over the kick in the air picture. I am seriously laughing out loud right now!!!! Love it!!

Angie said...

Go Emily!!! We love you! I love the family picture!

marilyn said...

Emily is so awesome I love the pictures she cracks me up she was so sweet to let the others stay in what a sacrifice, I love her !!!!!