background

Monday, October 26, 2009

SCARY, I know :)

This Halloween we decided to do something really scary. First of all, we decided to throw a party with some of Matt's high school friends. This is not usually my kind of thing; but as long as everyone didn't mind if it was very low key I was good to go :) This is also out of the ordinary for Matt since he really doesn't enjoy dressing up. It's amazing how life changes isn't it? He never ceases to amaze me :)
We had a great time catching up and hearing about all the naughty things Matt used to do!


The guys were great sports and let the kids "mummify" them. They did a pretty good job, wouldn't you say?

Here's the scariest thing; we are actually looking forward to doing it again next year! How can you resist when you get company like this?!

THANKS FOR COMING EVERYONE!

11 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! I love that you invited whole families. I bet the kids loved it.

Unknown said...

I love the Nate and his date! :) That is something I would write! And the mummies are awesome!

Monica said...

Okay, You guys are the funnest family! I loved these pictures, they looked quite different of the pictures I took of you in blue after the BYU game. You have the most adorable family and I loved those pics of Matt and his friends dressed as mummy's. What a fun memory and it looks like the kids loved it. My kids always love to meet and see me with my highschool friends.
I am still laughing at what Emily told Joslyn. She is so funny! I miss her and all of you guys!

Monica said...

P.S. I can't imagine Matt ever doing anything naughty!!!
It looks like Matt's friends don't like to dress up either. Way to go Matt to set the example for your friends!

Kellie said...

That looks like a fun party and it's fun to see some of the old faces that used to hang out around my house (even though I was in college then and all Cody's high school friends used to drive me crazy - except Matt of course ;)

Rose said...

Love those shirts! Now you can cheer for the Utes too!

Angie said...

Looks like tons of fun!!

marilyn said...

I can't imagine Matt ever doing something naughty either, but dad didn't think your costumes were very funny, "why would they do that" I'm glad you had so much fun, you are the cutest family ever! love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I can imagine Matt doing something naughty....:) Maybe thats because I hung out with him in High School.
:)

Is dad talking to you guys? Somethings are just not funny. J/K
I LOVED the costumes! Sounds like you started a really fun tradition.
It is so good to take time for get togethers like that. I need to follow your example! Love you all!!

Meg said...

Dad Whiting can't get mad at you when he watches the utes game. While I was in the ER tonight with Gram and Brent he was updating Brent on the score!! That little sneak!!
SO glad that you did that party! What a blast!
And how is Matt as old as Jolyn? She is ancient!! LOL Love you Joni!

Angee said...

I'm hoping that Monday after Halloween is Jill's post day because I can't wait to see some of the pictures she has on her camera. Or are they on Jac's camera?

Hope all is well...