background

Saturday, May 1, 2010

1600 meter CHAMPION


Jac was DETERMINED to beat the Lakeridge girl who beat her this season. When the gun went off it was clear that the race for 1st place was between these two girls. The girl from Lakeridge pulled into first place; Jac settled in right behind her for the first 3 laps. Lap 4 came and she was READY... She made her move, pulling out in front and well, the rest is history :) She came in 1st place with a 5:41 mile! She came in 9 seconds ahead of the Lakeridge girl AND killed her PR by 10 seconds!!

800 meter TOP DOG!

Yes, the competition was TIGHT for the 800. Jac made her move on the last lap; we thought she was coming in for the win, until the last turn... 2 girls came out of "nowhere" giving her quite a shock! She finished in 3rd place coming in .29 of a second behind the first place girl! She was very pleased to learn she took 5 seconds off her PR.

"That's what's GREAT about Competition!"

Jac said as she came to give us a hug with a big smile on her face. She knew she had given her all and she felt great that she had done her best!


Jac's 4x4 relay team was an equally exciting race.
Jac was the 3rd leg and brought the team from 4th place up to second! (she is amazing!) Abby held the lead and the team finished in 2nd place!
Even in freezing temps these girls know how to have FUN!
The 8th grade girls team took 1st place for the 2nd year in a row!

Taking the VICTORY lap!
Jac's determination and hard work brought another successful season. She proved to herself that she could make the "impossible", reality!
CONGRATULATIONS JACQUELINE!!

5 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

OH, I am such a PROUD Aunt!!!!!!!!!
I loved this post, I loved all the pictures! I love all your hard work, I love that your hard work paid off, I love that you have that competetive drive..(like your mom!), I love that you have so much fun in everything you do, I love,love,love you! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marilyn said...

And I love everything about Jac, she is soooooooo amazing I really can't believe her drive and she is so fun to watch, Love you Jac and congradulations on your amazing season!!!!1

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love you more then Grandma.

Monica said...

WAY TO GO JAC!!! I love your amazing determination, passion for hard work, humility and fun spirit. You are truly AMAZING!!! It looks like you have so much fun! I wish I could have seen you! I feel like I was there because your mom took such great pictures and really captured the moments! I love you so much and am so happy for you to end the season so well. Can't wait to see you for the wedding...It is going to be the funnest PARTY ever!!!

Angie said...

Way to go Jackie!!! That is so awesome. I see you running in the neighborhood and think that girl is good. You are such a hard worker. Congrats!