background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring Soccer

THE COOLEST ARSENAL TEAM EVER!
Coach J.D. Jeppson, Chris, Devin, Chris, Riley, Thomas, Coach Mike Whatcott,
Lincoln, C. J., Zac, Mason, Ben, Clay, Connor, Grayson
Strike a pose boys...
Thomas is one of their key defensive players. I am sure the other teams hate it when he is on the field! I love watching him attack the ball kicking it back toward the other teams goal.
I have learned a lot about soccer and I must say it is a very fun sport! (Especially when Thomas is on the field!)
Spring soccer proved to be FREEZING but SUCCESSFUL!
They won 6 out of 7 games during the season. The tournament was a bit rough but they made it to the playoffs with a wild card.
This was a game to REMEMBER!
It was very intense with both teams fighting to WIN! (It was a single elimination)
After going into overtime, both teams were still tied 1 to 1.
A "Shoot Out" would have to decide their fate.
Thomas' team did their very best but sadly, they didn't make the winning shot.
How can you feel too bad after playing an amazing final game like that?

The boys celebrated their great season by going to the REAL soccer game that afternoon.
Thanks for a great season Arsenal!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Way to go Thomas! I love your uniforms too!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Uggg...I hate shoot outs, unless of course they go your way!:) I also must admitt, as much as I LOVE Thomas, I wouldn't want to play soccer against him either!:)
Is your team staying together for next season, sounds like you should, what a great season!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love love love soccer!! Go Thomas!!!

Melissa Durtschi said...

It was really exciting, what a fun game!!! Love you Mom, Melissa use the computer last and I don't know how to change it