background

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Utah Valley Marathon and 1/2 Marathon

A couple who runs together...

Some people don't understand why we run...It takes a bit of craziness I must admit but it works for us :)
Even though we don't run the same pace; it's fun to run in the same races and work toward similar goals. 
I ran the 1/2 marathon with my great friends Tamara, Jessica and Leesa
I finished with a 1:48.44
As for the other girls...let's just say I love having them cheer me in at the end :) They are AMAZING!!!
Matt ran the full Marathon in 3:27.25!!! WAHOO!
A HUGE PR from his 1st Marathon  of 4:15!
The kids teased me for getting choked up when he came running in...How could I not? I am SO PROUD of him! It was so inspiring to watch the determination and strength he had as he finished!
There was a big head wind (20 mph) coming down the canyon which slowed everyone down by 8-10 minutes; and he STILL did AMAZING!
 Matt looks forward to doing even better at the St. George Marathon in October to reach his Boston qualifying time of 3:15. Thomas, Jac and Emily were waiting at the finish line cheering us both in! It was so great to have them there! THANKS KIDS :)
We got lucky to share the day with some of our Heaps nieces and nephews:
BT and Lauren, Dave and Abi, and Abe. It was a first for all of them and they did great! Grandma and Grandpa Heaps also came to cheer us in. It was a very fun day!
Now on to more craziness...St. George, here we come!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Way to go Heaps Runners!! It really is so inspiring. I only hope that one day I will be able to do more than a 10k. That is awesome!

Michelle said...

WOW!! You guys are fast. Way to go!! I'm so proud to know you both!

PixieGirl said...

You look so cute in purple...darn good thing to since you are a LEHI-ITE.

As for the race, you are speed demons...way to go!

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

this really is so amazing!! you guys are the cutest. I love that you run together, such a fun and healthy hobby that you can enjoy together. Matt's time is amazing! how awesome, can't wait to hear how St. George goes, he's so close to the qualifying time. Proud of you for running the 1/2!! miss and love you!!

Amber said...

Cheers from SF! Super awesome Jill and Matt! You're making some great memories! We're waiting to hear about St. George...