background

Friday, November 13, 2009

BEAUTY IS...

The kids really showed their creativity and personal touch with their reflections entries this year.

Jacqueline made this darling clay figure which will always bring back such happy memories for our family :)
The title is, "Woo Hoo" You might have guessed but it is of Emily on the day she came home from the hospital. She was so excited to see everyone and be back home; Matt filmed her in front of the house with her arms spread out wide yelling, "Woo Hoo"
"Beauty is... courage!" She wrote how Emily's courage during such a challenging time in her 6 year old life, showed her true beauty. I just love the little teddy bear slippers and bright colored mask:)
I was very impressed with Thomas' project this year. He is becoming quite the artist! As you can see, others think so too. He will be going on to Regions next month. Congrats Thomas!
Beauty is... Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom "because having and using your knowledge makes you beautiful". He is such an insightful boy!
Matt tried to get him to add that his mom was the motivator for this piece because I have so much wisdom that he admires. Thomas and I had a good laugh! I told him the judges would know it was a tactic to get brownie points :)
Beauty is... RAINBOWS! I can't imagine Emily choosing to make anything different!

Emily wrote how she loves rainbows because they always help her to see the beautiful things in life. If you ask her what her favorite color is, she usually says "rainbow". The nurses got a kick out of this. Emily drew many pictures of rainbows to hang up on her walls. She always hoping to see a rainbow when she looked out her hospital room window.

"Mom, they just make me happy"

"Yes Emily, they really do!"

5 comments:

Angie said...

Oh sweet Emily I love rainbows too! Thomas I love the sculptor and your thought process as to why you chose it! I think you could have put that your mom inspired you because she is the best! Thanks for enjoying my Christmas music in the morning! You are a great shot gun rider! Jackie I love the sculptor of Emily! You are so talented and creative. love you all!

Monica said...

Boy do I have amazingly talented nieces and nephew! I loved all their creativity! Emily, I love rainbows also! They are beautiful like you! I love you all so much and am so proud of you all! We love and miss you!

marilyn said...

Wow this makes one grandma cry each one of them Jac Thomas, and Emily so amazing so talented and filled with so much compasion, and love, and creativity They couldn't represent themselves any better, all I can say is AMAZING!!! I bet other grandparents feel so bad that they don't have our grandchldren, but I do not brag I just love them!!!!!! Great job guys!!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

LOVE this! What thoughtful and creative children you have...they must have gotten those great qualities from their favorite Aunt!:) (we ALL know who that is.)
Great ideas, darling and fun detail on the scultptures!
Good Luck at Regionals Thomas!
You have our vote!!!!!
love you all....SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!

Lisa Hartle said...

You have beautiful and beautifully talented kids! I love ALL of their entries! Congrats to all of you guys! Love you all also!