background

Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat...

Thomas and his friends, Matthew Jones and Katie Struthers are obsessed with the series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. For those of you who don't know about the books; in short, they are about kids who are 1/2 human and 1/2 god. They go to "Camp Half-Blood" to learn what they are to do. (Thomas can explain it MUCH better) Anyway, They decided to be characters in his books. Any excuse to show off their REAL swords!
This crew spent their summer days playing in the "pit" creating their own world with homes for each of them and an arena for sword fighting. Yes, they are real, and yes they are very careful with them (that's what they tell me anyway) So far, only one scratch, oh I mean a "kitten" scratched Matt's face... not my sweet innocent son Thomas ;)
Here's our beautiful princess Emily! Nothings better than getting to wear make-up and glitter to school!
The famous school parade! Matt really does miss out on all the fun...I even sent him a text to tell him so while I waited very patiently to see my precious children :)
Jac didn't do any dressing up this year but she made this amazing monster named "MO" What can't this girl do? It's the cutest monster I have ever seen :) Now, how do we store him for next year?
Jac and her friends Kenzie and Ellie decided to honor their sweet mothers by carving I "heart" mom. It really did bring a tear to my eye...or was that flying pumpkin pieces???

All in all it was a fabulous Halloween! Now if The kids will just hide their candy from dear old mom so I can keep my girlish figure:) hee hee

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What is her monster made up of? That is so cute!

Angee said...

I LOVE that the girls can have so much fun. Thanks for having them at your house.

And you get mom of the month award for going to the Halloween parade. I am definitely a Halloween Grinch and don't drag my other 2 down to see the kids walk by for 2 seconds. It's a good thing they have their friends' mom there to wave to them...

Christina said...

I love seeing kids creativity! They did such a great job with their costumes and monster! I love the pumpkins! What a Happy Halloween! :)

Amber said...

Jaqueline, I can't wait to hear how you made Mo! You are really amazing! Halloween is a great excuse for fun and parties. Looks like you all had a blast.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

YOur posts are so much fun to read. I love reading them. I also love how you capture your kids personalities through pictures! I want to reach out and hug them! They are so creative and have such fun friends! Love your guts!!!
We are so excited to spend Thanksgiving with you!! So, isn't it your tradition to put up a christmas tree Thanksgiving night? Hmmmmm mom will be so far away.....hmmmmm......:) Ha,ha

Amy Bohrer said...

How cute! I am glad that you all had fun.

marilyn said...

It seems like yesterday I was watching my kids at Scera Park Halloween parade no my grandkids, what a fun family I agree With Jolyn, Jill you really do a great job capturing the kids personalities it helps so much when our family is so spread apart keeping everyone close, you have to keep this up when dad and I are on our mission I cannot miss this precious minutes I'm starting to get scared I love all of our precious grandkids so much, so thankful that they all have such great parents!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

I love the monster Jackie made that is so cool. We should do that in YW's. love you guys!!!