background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Heaps Christmas PaRtY!!!

Steve and Sherry were in charge this year and they decided to have a Heaps BREAKFAST!!! Thanks to Dave and Marianne, we all have belgium waffle makers so we were in WAFFLE HEAVEN :) Strawberries, bananas, whipped cream and JaAnn's "Magic Syrup" was the perfect touch!
LET'S PLAY!

I know you will be VERY SURPRISED to hear that the Heaps are a "little" competitive. It is rare when everyone goes home without some kind of injury. This time was no exception; Dave hurt his shoulder and Matt sprained his ankle! His ankle looked like it had a baseball on top of it!

Luckily, since the Heaps have had LOTS of experience. They knew exactly what to do! Ice, Ibuprofen, not too much! ;), a nice comfy couch to rest and be waited on, compression socks and a brace to keep the swelling down.

I am happy to report that Matt is healing quickly and I am not going to let him use his injury to be an "excuse" for next months 1/2 marathon when I smoke him! We can all dream right?!
The highlight of the day was making and filling 40 stockings to send to Elder B.T. and Elder A.J. to give out on their missions.

Emily came up to me after seeing all the fun things going in the stockings and said, "Mom, I am not used to this giving thing!"

"It is hard, but I PROMISE, giving is 100 times better than receiving."

It was so great to see her and the rest of the kids so excited to help even though it might have been hard not to get some too!

They were able to experience the JOY that comes from making sacrifices of their own gifts to give to others.

Thanks for a wonderful party Steve and Sherry!

5 comments:

Angee said...

Waffles - yum. They happen to be one of my favorite foods. And what a great idea to send stockings to missionaries. I might have to borrow that idea...

marilyn said...

I want a waffle right now, its probably good their not here, because I wouldn't be able to stop at one. Great family pictures, I love your stocking project what a great service the missionaries will have so much fun handing them out. Jill you will have no excuse not to beat Matt on the 1/2 marathone next month, I'm glad he is healing good, I really love that guy for some strange reason. love all of you!

Monica said...

How fun. It looked like a ward party with just your family. What a fun party and I love the service project idea!
So sorry Matt. I feel sorry for you even if Jill doesn't.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

The Heaps always have good ideas! I love the stockings for the elders to give away!! Oh, MATT!!!
I AM SO SORRY!!!! I hope you can run again soon.
love you!!
OH, and Emily's comment is so precious-and real! What a good teaching moment!

Angie said...

Emily is so funny. What a great learning opportunity for her because your family is so amazing! Looks like a lot of fun and wonderful service at the same time! That is truly what Christmas is about! Family and serving others! Thank you for being such great examples to our family! We love you!