background

Monday, December 21, 2009

I am 36!

My birthday just happened to be on the same day my Grandma's funeral was. Everyone was worried I didn't have a good birthday but how couldn't I when EVERYONE came to visit for my special day? :)

I didn't realized how old 36 was until a few people thought I was my mom at the funeral! It didn't take them long to see they had made a mistake and I am actually flattered because my mother is VERY beautiful; BUT, I am not quite ready to be a grandma yet :)

Monica and my Mom were determined to have a celebration so yesterday they made a cake (because everyone needs cake for it to be a real birthday). This was so sweet of them. I don't remember the last time I had a cake for my birthday :)

They knew I probably wouldn't want to actually eat the cake so they also got me a whole case of pomegranates! (They know me well!)
We had a few minutes after the funeral for Matt to surprise me by taking me to REI for some snow boots! He had already given me long johns (which I had BEGGED him for hee hee) So this was not expected. Especially the part when he told me he had already saved up the money for them! He knows how much I hate to spend money on myself. Especially at Christmas time when our money is going so many other places. I was so touched that he understood my feelings and sacrificed his lunch money to get me boots. Yes, I know, I have the greatest husband in the whole world!

It was a wonderful birthday because I have such great family and friends who made sure to make it that way.

THANKS everyone!

4 comments:

marilyn said...

What a wonderful husband and he certainly has a wonderful wife, you were a beautiful Christmas baby that brought the Christmas Spirt to us and have been a blessing every since, love you Jill!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday! I think that it is sweet and special that you get to share one more thing with Grandma that no one else can! :) Love you!

THE BESSE BUNCH said...

Happy Birthday!! i loved the post about Grandma Whiting, i loved all the pink. Very sweet memories!!

Thanks for encouraging words on my blog. it has actually gotten better and i was telling matt how i feel like a better mom because i can actually get down and run around with dallin now. the last few months i was so uncomforable that it made it hard to get down and play with him. thanks again!! love you!!! merry christmas!!!

Meg said...

Not even cake on your Birthday...seriously Jill...Pomagranates are good... but Once a year, I think you can eat cake!! hahahha
Happy Birthday!! Hope you ate a cake to celebrate your birth!! I know I'd eat some in celebration of you!!
Love you!