background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Clinic Update on Emily

It has been 2 months since we have looked at Emily's counts. It has been nice to let go of the worry and stress and just let her be... Emily! We went to the Immunologist yesterday and she is doing FANTASTIC!

Emily's WBC is 7800 and her ANC is 5600. Yes, these are good numbers :) She hasn't been on Gamma Globulin since June and her levels are in the normal range!

Emily weighed in at 18 kilograms which is about 39 lbs. She is now in the 1% in weight and the 2% in height. She has finally gotten out of the 0%! She is up about a pound from 2 months ago; which isn't a ton but it is going in the right direction ;) I am so happy she is eating!

We are going to see a G.I. doctor to see what might be causing all of her stomach pains; but other than this, she is doing FABULOUS! she is so tough! She told me the other day, "Mom, I don't want to tell my teacher and my friends that my tummy hurts because it is embarrassing. They can't do anything anyway so I figure I should just stay at school since it will hurt either way and I want to play after school so it will help me forget my pain."
She is very motivated by playing isn't she ;)

This has been a long 8 years of worrying, worrying and worrying! I must say it feels wonderful to finally go to the doctor and leave with positive results!

Things are finally looking UP for our sweet little miracle!!

7 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

What a wonderful birthday present!!!!!!!!!! Hey, for years my kids were in the 1-5 percentile in height and weight...so hey, sounds 'normal' to me!:)Oh how this post put a HUGE smile on my face. I just want to squeeze this almost b-day girl! xoxoxoxoxo

misha~sha-sha said...

Yay for Emily! She is one tough cookie! I'm so happy for you guys.

Kimberly said...

I am so glad to hear the good news with Emily! Anna just loves playing with her, so I know how she loves to play! Fabulous news!

Monica said...

She truly is our little miracle! Oh how I love that child and that spunkiness of hers is one of my favorite parts of her. Heavenly father gave her that gift to carry her through the hard times! Yeah...what great news and Happy Almost Birthday!
I think of her everyday when I reach in my purse and pull out a monkey bobble head! Thanks for sharing such Fantastic NEWS!!! Love ya all!!!

Angie said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!
What wonderful news. Thank you for sharing so we can cheer your family on. There are so many people who love Emily and we are some of her biggest fans. We love you Emily Jacqueline Heaps! Come over to my house and I will feed you anything your little heart desires.

Unknown said...

YAY!!! That is amazing!

marilyn said...

This is the best news ever, Em has blessed all of our lives so much and each one of the Heaps family has been an inspiration, all of you have grown so much, watching the love in your family the faith and the strenth of each of your testimonies and much you love being together is so amazing, we love you and know that she is truly a miracle for all of us. thanks thanks thanks