background

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's GREAT to be 8!

Emily went to bed at 7:45 the night before her birthday so it would come as fast as possible! She's never gone to bed so easily.
I had no problems waking her up; and I don't think she stopped smiling all day!
Matt is in Africa so he wasn't home for her birthday... again! (Last year he was in the Philippines) Emily has had a great attitude about it even though she was really bummed not to have her Daddy home. She told me she would just make the best of it!

The one good thing about Dad not being home is that she didn't have to wait for him to get home from work to open her presents. Talk about lucky! She definitely knows how to make the best out of everything :)
Grandma and Grandpa came over to help celebrate with Emily's favorite dinner, Chicken Alfredo, (which she didn't even eat) Chocolate cake and mint ice cream! I realized we didn't have any candles which was DEVASTATING! note to self: Emily LOVES having candles on her cake!We were very grateful for our neighbors who just happened to have 8 candles to spare ;)

Once again, I am still trying to get used to the idea that my youngest little turkey is 8 years old! I never get older, why does she have to???

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emily! We can't wait for your baptism. love Cambry

marilyn said...

What a great celebration, I couldn't help but think all day what a miracle and blessing Em has been in our lives, her smile melts me and I couldn't ever be sad when Emily is around she brings love and sunshine, what an amazing happy precious little girl that I love with all my heart, such a desire to learn everything nothing gets past Emily, I'm glad she had so much fun on her birthday, Love you Emily!!!!!!!!

Meg said...

SO DANG CUTE!! Is her baptism the first week in FEB?