background

Monday, July 26, 2010

Our Silver Lake adventure

Our Silver Lake adventure...
Matt and Thomas were on a scout camp out so we decided to have some outdoor fun ourselves.
Silver Lake looked like a great place, so off we went, in our trusty ol' van.
When we got to the dirt road, I thought, "No problem, it won't be that bad"
Well, I must say it was a pretty rough ride. In fact memories of Matt trying to take us on this road came flooding back to me :) I remember telling him, "No way is our van going to make it; TURN AROUND!"
How could I turn around? We were on an adventure, I couldn't wimp out, right?
We did make it safe and sound, with only a few scratches, and a brake late that went out from all the shaking; (sorry hun) but it was worth it!
This lake is seriously hidden the entire hike. You start wondering if there really is a lake. Here's the proof :) It was seriously BREATHTAKING!
Emily made the 4 mile hike all by herself; with a little help from big sis holding her hand along the way. She was dragging along until we promised her a slushy... Wow, who knew what a motivator a SLUSHY would be? Emily actually started to run up the trail and practically ran the entire way down, chanting SLUSHY, SLUSHY, the whole way!
As promised, she got her slushy:)
What a great way to spend the day with my beautiful girls. I am a very lucky mom!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

WOW That looks like so much fun. Lets be friends!

Amber said...

You are so good at creating memories with your family. What an awesome girl trip! Congrats to Emily! That is really awesome!

We need some Heaps fun soon! Love you.

marilyn said...

you are a lucky mom, and I am a lucky grandma, you are also a great mom!!!!!! It's amazing what motivation can do, I'm proud of Emily and of course Jac was there to encourage her all the way, great sisters!