background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saying goodbye...

It's official...

meet Elder and Sister Whiting!
After 2 months of packing up things and throwing away at least 20 garbage cans worth of STUFF; they were ready to go!
The essentials of packing for a 2 year mission:
LUNA BARS 180 to be exact! (who needs clothes?)
Zip Fiz &vitamin drinks
Compression socks for the plane ride
a FEW ties :)
We were lucky to spend the last few hours with them and travel to the MTC for them to catch their shuttle to the airport
Reality is setting in...




Hugs for everyone!
Grandma's last wave goodbye!
It was SO HARD to say goodbye. We stayed around as long as we possibly could! We even followed the shuttle out the MTC gates :) yep, we are stalkers!
We thought COSTCO would be the perfect place to go in honor of Grandma and Grandpa (thanks for the idea Beth and Justin!) Costco is going to miss them during these next 2 years! 
Hopefully they will be able to stay in business...hee hee!
Some favorites to remember!

I have to keep reminding myself that this IS a GOOD thing!

We LOVE you Elder and Sister Whiting!

4 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Oh Jill! They are going to be such amazing missionaries! I can only imagine how much you'll miss them! The picture of your mom waving made me choke up! :) I have no doubt that the blessings you will all receive from this will be immense! They are great examples to a lot of people! Can't wait to hear about their adventures! Love ya!

justwhiting said...

Wow, I can't believe it! Mom waving goodbye really hit me.

Amber said...

Thanks for taking these awesome pictures Jill!!!

We had fun experiencing these special moments with you. Wow is all I can say about the day. The images of the day just keep flashing through my mind.

marilyn said...

Jill thanks so much, even though this brings more tears. I guess their those happy tears. If we can bring happiness that we have in our family to just one family, it will all be worth it. We have so very much, we have to share. I love the costco memories. Especially the grandkids they know us too well. We love you. so many funny things happened today, I will email. We fly out to the unknown tomorrow morning at 3:am. I'm glad I have dad with me. Like Pres. Delamar said hold your breath and (something I can't remember the rest} Love you isn't a strong enough word {Mahal} you are the Best! Thanks for everything, Love mom and dad