background

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Emily's Special Day

Emily's Baptism Day
February 6, 2010
Emily was so excited for her Dad to baptize her
Our precious Angel
The day was even more special because she got to share it with her cousin Jake

Emily was all smiles! She was so excited to see all the people who came to show love and support. Her biggest surprise came when the Buhrley's came from Idaho! I don't think she and Gracie were more than a few feet from each other the whole day!
I was so grateful to have Meg there to do Emily's hair after her baptism. WOW, is she talented and fast! It made my life so much easier :) Thank you so much!
I didn't think Emily would need her ear plugs in just to be baptized but I was wrong!
As soon as she came up from the water she screamed, "MY EAR, IT HURTS!!"
Luckily, all the excitement helped her forget the pain. :)
It is a very difficult task to get our families together for a picture. We were lucky to get a few of the Whitings gathered outside.

I made a "comforter" for Emily as a reminder of this special day and the comfort she receives from the Holy Ghost.
It was so fun for me to make it and think of the past 8 years. I wondered if I would even have the opportunity to do this. We feel so blessed to have her with us!
Jake and Emily loved their blankets
We all gathered at Joe and Shirley's for hot scones, made by Steve and Sherry, muffins and fresh fruit. YUM!
We are so grateful for all those who were a part of this special day; in person and in spirit. Emily will have wonderful memories of the day she became an official member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I asked her later that night how she felt and she said, "Mom, I still feel it. I'm just not as heavy anymore like I usually am. I feel light."
Yes, Emily, you do feel light and we can feel it too.

6 comments:

Deni said...

Congratulations Emily!

...and Jill...Can you get any more beautiful?

Kellie said...

What a wonderful day for Emily and how great to share it with her cousin! We love you guys!!

marilyn said...

What a special day, I will cherish it forever, her happy smile, she is so pure and sweet, and so happy to see the Buhrley's and all her cousins, Em you are so special, we love you so much!!!!!

Christina said...

How beautiful! I love the comforter that you made and what a great reminder! I wish I could have come. I hate working on Saturdays! :( She looks so beautiful!

Angie said...

You looked so beautiful Em! Cambry said she felt something different when she sat next to you after you were baptized. We love you.

Meg said...

It was one of the most beautiful, miraculous occasions I have been part of. The spirit was tangible. I am sooo thankful you asked me to do her hair.. what a fun memory I will always have.. she was so patient with me too.. I wasn't being very soft cause we were in a hurry!