background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowshoeing for Presidents Day

We enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL snow day in Heber. Matt wanted to check out the trail for our ward's Youth Conference that's coming up in a few weeks. We decided it's a winner!
Jacqueline couldn't resist the powder. She even found "Whoville"! Yes, she's a NUT!!
Emily brought her butterfly net and caught lot's of snow! :) She also found a few leaves and icicles to add to her treasures.
Even though she "couldn't take another step", she did a great job and made it to the top with the rest of us! I think she even enjoyed herself (even though she won't admit it!)
Beautiful pictures don't you think? Thomas and Matt anyway :)
My picture is pretty telling of how I was feeling. Who me, Ornery? Never!
It is hard to have a bad day when the people around you lift you up in such positive ways. Matt is truly the most inspiring, positive person I know and Jac comes in at a close second! I am so grateful to have them around to remind me and everyone else, how GREAT life really is. THANKS for being so willing to make lemonade out of lemons! (Even when the lemons come from mom!)

6 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like fun. What a great way to spend the day.

wendy said...

Hi Jill, here is the link to my blog http://wendyfent.blogspot.com/
It was SO FUN seeing all ya'all tonight! So glad you were able to make it! Love ya!

Jeremy Whiting said...

You are the only person in our family that gets grumpy, Jill.

wendy said...

Ha ha Jer! Jill, even when you are feeling ornery, you are still sweet. You amaze me at all you do! I loved being w/you and the family these past few days. You are all so fun and inspiring and i can't wait to see you all again! Love you!!

Amy said...

You are an amazing family! All of you beam and shout out positive messages even when you don't speak. I love you guys! Thanks for sharing your unsuccessful grouchy moment.

Jackie Heaps said...

lemonade- ha ha! did it have cayanne pepper in it?
-jac