background

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

He's moving on!

The District Science fair was held at Pleasant Grove High school. There were about 300 or more projects that made it this far and only 70 get to move on to the next level.
Thomas set up his project and went home for a few hours while the judges looked at each project. At 6:30 he went back to answer questions and explain his project to them in his own words. The parents weren't allowed to come until after the judging was complete at 8:00.
When we arrived, Thomas was explaining his project to someone. He was so confident and animated as he answered her questions. You could see the passion and excitement he has for it. He really "owns" this project and has given it his personal touch. I am positive this is one of the biggest reasons he is moving on to the
Central Utah Science & Engineering Fair
at BYU on March 23rd.
Thomas is SO excited for this opportunity. It is fun to watch him as he takes on his school projects with the same enthusiasm and determination that he has for the sports he plays. He has been blessed with the ability to welcome and embrace new challenges that come his way in all areas of his life.
WAY TO GO THOMAS :)

6 comments:

Christy said...

That is awesome! Way to go Thomas!

wendy said...

That is so cool, I can tell you are just so proud! By the way, I love the picture at the top. Emily is so cute and you have a great look on your face. I hope you've been practicing you jumps!

marilyn said...

I'm so proud of Thomas he really puts everything into what ever he does what an outstanding boy, so loving so well rounded and enjoys everything he does, what a great honor, Congradulations Thomas, great job, Love you

Amber said...

That is SO COOL! I can just picture him explaining with such poise and excitement. I bet this is just the beginning of great things to come. Keep us posted! This is way fun. I love his project and think of it every time I wash my hands.

Rose said...

Very impressive!
Kudos!

Meg said...

Thomas your enthusiam and love for LIFE in general is going to get you far in life! Way to go and to be yourself!! I LOVE YOU!