background

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CAMP HOBE' MEMORIES

It was a very long, quiet week at home without these two...
Emily was VERY happy to see us. Here are a few pictures of her leaders and girls in her cabin. For some reason they had written her age as 5 so she was with mostly 6 year olds. She wasn't happy about them saying she was 5 but she still enjoyed the girls in her cabin.
Emily loved the Arts and Crafts cabin, and making her very own tye dye shirt. She said the food was "OK" and she loved seeing Nancy, her nurse from Primary Children's.
"I didn't get to be with Thomas very much Mom. I really wanted to be with him."
Even though she didn't think she got to see him enough, all the counselors told me every time she saw him she would run up and give her big brother a hug! They were all very impressed with how kind Thomas was to his little sister, sitting by her at lunch on the "Sibling' day and always being excited to see her and give her a hug.
It was harder than she expected to be away from home. She struggled a little bit and isn't sure she wants to go back next year. I told her no worries, it's a whole year away :) to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind it if she didn't go... I missed her too much!
Emily's counselors kept telling me how sweet she was and how much they enjoyed having her with them. She had fun with all the staff and had each of them sign their name in her memory book.
Thomas was everyones favorite guy! I couldn't walk more than 2 feet without someone telling me how AMAZING my son is! They were so impressed with his positive attitude and willingness to help whenever he could. They want him to come back as a counselor when he gets old enough. He really would be great at it.
Overall, it was a GREAT WEEK, GREAT FUN and GREAT MEMORIES!
I am SO glad they are home! :)

No comments: