background

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I miss them allready!

CAMP HOBE'
This is Thomas' 5th year going to Camp Hobe' and Emily's 1st year to stay all week!
Why is it so hard for me to let them go? I had to be very BRAVE!
When I told Matt I was nervous, he replied, "You just love to be nervous, there is no need to be with all the doctors and nurses around; you just want to be!"
For some reason I didn't appreciate his "empathy". He quickly realized I just needed a listening ear. :)
Truthfully, I know they will be just fine and have a wonderful time. Emily has her big brother and that gives me so much peace! Thomas was so sweet as we took Emily to her cabin.
Emily was very excited to pick the bed with YELLOW crepe paper. It's her newest favorite color!
All the feelings of nervousness flew out the door as soon as she arrived! She happily gave me a hug goodbye and quickly forgot about me as she arranged all of her things.
Thomas is excited to have one of the same leaders with him from last year. He was so sweet as he gave me a big hug in front of all the boys. I LOVE how he doesn't get embarrassed to show his mom he loves me!
My heart ached as soon as I said "goodbye". (am I sappy or what?) I have to admit, I had to fight back the tears as I drove down the canyon. Our home is so quiet without them; life just isn't the same without Thomas and Emily around.
Poor Jacqueline will have to put up with Mom and Dad all week by herself. Good thing she makes life so fun! I guess this week won't be so bad after all!
Is it Friday yet?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It is hard when they are gone all week and they have never been away from home that long! I'm sure they will be fine having so much fun. If your Emily can do it, then I don't need to worry about Katie at Clear Creek for a week this summer! :)

Angie said...

We miss Emily too. We will count down to friday with you. Hang in there.

marilyn said...

I think it was just as hard on me, I was comforted knowing Thomas was there, but I knew how Emily had such a routine every night when she went to bed, nights are hard for her being away from home, but what a great experience and the satisfation that she knew she did it and next time will be easier for her, what a great family the Heaps are always there for each other and everyone else too! Glad they are both home safe! love you