background

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

HAPPY DAY!!

 
Emily always feels comfort from her big Sis. I wasn't surprised to find them sleeping together last night. Even though she was excited to have her line out, she was nervous too.
We had to wait for 3 hours before going into surgery but Emily enjoyed having Grandma there to help entertain her. 
"Grandma, just call your boss and see if you can go with your granddaughter to the hospital." How could Grandma resist?
 
The surgery went perfectly. It only took about 15 minutes. After waking up, Emily enjoyed her slushy, Cheetos and watching "Wishbone" on TV.

Today seems so surreal to me. It's hard to believe that she has come so far. I am feeling nervous and excited all at the same time. I am sure you will hear that a lot from me when she goes back to church, when she goes to school, etc. Is she really going to have a working immune system? Yes, I think she really is!

I know I will be one of those mom's that tell her all about "When you were little and had a bone marrow transplant..." She will probably roll her eyes and say, "Yes Mom, I know, I am a miracle..."  

The truth is, she really is a MIRACLE! THANK GOODNESS FOR MIRACLES!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Quarnbergs said...

Oh i am so happy for her:) (and you) i cant wait for that day, it seems like such a big step. they really are miracles. Tell em we say hi and congrats on getting the line out.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Take my breath away! Oh, Jill! What a glourious day! We can't wait to give you all our congrats hugs in person!! HAPPY,HAPPY DAY!!

Kellie said...

Such great news! Way to go Emily!!

Rod and Jess said...

You didn't tell us it would be so soon! Congratulations Em! That's wonderful news! You must have a million and one guardian angels all around you! I am so happy for you and your family!

Unknown said...

i am so happy for her! she looked like she was doing great today!

Amber said...

Blessings are pouring! I'm so happy for you! Congrats, Em!!!!!!! I'm sure you will be aware of miracles with each step forward after all you've been through. LOve you! This is really wonderful.

Meg said...

TEARS OF JOY!!! YEAH FOR MIRACLES FOR SOMEONE WE LOVE SO MUCH! HERE'S TO YOU EMILY J.........MUWAH!

Monica said...

This post made me cry! Emily is a miracle and we are so glad that she is a part of all of our lives!

Only Emily could get grandma to take a day off work! That is precious how she worded it!

Can't wait to sqeeze her and all of you!

Coral said...

That is so exciting! We will continue to pray for her!

marilyn said...

It was so fun getting to be with Em on this very important day, when she said just tell your boss you need to be with your grandaughter, I called him and he said you go, but I wasn't back as soon as he wanted, and had to work till 6:30 but it was very very very worth it, Em always has the answer for everything, so if anybody every wonders what to do just call Emily she will have the answer! SOOOOOO happy and thankful for this giant Step! love you

Christy said...

Hurray for happy days! I am glad that they are coming your way!