background

Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's time!

I was sitting with the kids in the Relief Society room for Sacrament meeting and I decided that it was time. I looked at the kids and said, "Let's go sit in the chapel" 
"Will Emily need to wear a mask?"
"NOPE!"
They looked at me like I was crazy but they followed, well I had to drag Emily but what do you expect?

I did another crazy thing. I told Emily today she would be going to primary! She was very nervous but was immediately comforted knowing she had Sister Sump and Cambry by her side. After 10 minutes of holding on to both of them she was finally able to relax and did great!One of the mom's told me she even smiled when they called her up during sharing time. 

I know the doctors haven't given the green light but knowing she is most likely going back to school in August I want to do things one step at a time. If we throw everything at her at once it will be too overwhelming for her and me!

It feels good so I am going with it :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

All at once does seem overwhelming. I like bite size pieces too, Emily. What a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for caring about my little problem. I almost thought I wouldn't complain since there are really much bigger problems in the world. Some how it just felt better to get it out. Blah.

marilyn said...

you took my breath away my heart is beating fast, but this I know nevr never doubt the inspiration of my daughter, I know the spirit guided you, I can just see Emily's smile when they had her go up front, baby steps she is going to completely forget all of this but we never will. Congradulations on a wonderful day!!!! love you

Monica said...

I love your faith! It is inspiring! What a fun ward campout! I love being in the pines. We just got back from the cabin and I always feel such at peace and rejuvinated after being in the woods! Love all your pictures!

Meg said...

Yeah!! Way to go Jill! Way to follow the Spirit! What did Matt think when he saw you walk in?!