background

Monday, March 15, 2010

Making Lemonade out of "Lemons"

Whenever we have a swim meet, track meet, futsal game, soccer game, basketball game or any other event to watch Thomas and Jacqueline in, Emily comes PREPARED!
Not that Emily doesn't LOVE her siblings, but let's be honest here; being at these events can get pretty boring for an eight year old (or even a 36 year old!)
We are lucky, having 3 children makes it a lot easier to support each other at all the events because we aren't spread as thin. Emily doesn't always feel like this is a blessing; BUT she has learned to make lemonade out of "lemons"
She can be seen struggling to carry all of her bags full of stuff into each event to keep her entertained. I know, I am a mean mom, I make her carry everything she brings. (this makes it so she can't bring her ENTIRE room! )
Whenever Emily has some "down time" she gets everything out but the kitchen sink! This is what our basement looks like (Yes, it drives me crazy!) when our family has a movie night or on a quiet Sunday afternoon! Her mind is going 100 miles an hour as she thinks about what to create for her next project. She definitely knows how to keep herself entertained!
Even though she makes huge messes, she is a great cleaner! (It only took a few times of having to earn her things back) She knows how to win her mom's heart!
No matter where we go, Emily is sure to find the PERFECT spot to spread out all of her supplies and toys (Barbies, Petshops, My Little Ponies...) I'm sure it makes it nice for the other moms since she always has PLENTY to share :)
It makes for some fun memories and some sweet Lemonade :)

8 comments:

Angie said...

Love it! She is so creative, fun, talented, sweet, loving, thoughtful, and completely adorable just like her mother. love you!

Angee said...

Amen - it makes it nice for other moms. :) It's also wonderful that Emily is so good to share and play with other kids - especially younger kids. See you at soccer and track soon Em...

misha~sha-sha said...

She's too cute! And thanks for your recent comment. I know you understand what I mean...

Amber said...

I relate! You have me laughing with your strategy to keep her from bringing her entire room! Adorable.

marilyn said...

This is Emily always prepared never a boring moment, and she always is willing to share, I just wish she could share her creative talent with me, I need some of it, how I love that little girl, she is always busy and her mnind is always going! love you

Unknown said...

She is so cute! Tell Jackie good luck for me this weekend!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love that you documented this! Such sweet pictures and memories. Knowing how to enjoy wherever you are is a wonderful quality that will serve her and others well all her life!! love this sweet girl.
xoxoxoxoxo

Monica said...

This is a girl after my own heart! I love her creativity!!! I am always making messes like that and carrying my projects with me wherever I go! I loved my darling card she sent me. It made my day! I love that girl with all my heart and I love and miss all of you!
I finally had time to put the funeral pics on Picasa. Hope you got them! Sorry wedding plans have taken over my life.


p.s. love her darling headband that I made her! Adorable!!!