background

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Presenting... Thomas Edison!

Today Thomas was, Thomas... Thomas Edison, that is :)
The 5th grade puts on a "Wax Museum" each year. The students pick a hero and learn all they can so they can become that person for a day giving everyone facts about their life.
Did you know that Thomas Edison invented the LIGHTBULB? Well, now you do:)
As a kid, I didn't have much school,
Because my teacher called me addle.
My mom said, it was because I was to cool
And since she was my teacher, she didn't give me the paddle.

I was smart, I used the telegraph
To tell everyone about the news.
So when I got there, they cleared the path
So they could get a newspaper without their shoes.

My mom's headstrong, that is true,
She had seven children, out of the blue
I was told, never to give up
So when I was down, I would get back up

I never said anything bad about anyone
And when I got famous, I gave credit to everyone
I always went to work, no matter what
Even if I was in a big rut

I was first married in 1871
I loved her so she was my true only one
But then she died, I was so sad
So later, I married Mina, she wasn't so bad

I invented the shiny glass bulb
it could burn daily because I was bold
When I was 84 I did die
I was just glad I didn't lie

By Thomas Heaps

Yes, my son is amazing! He is very handsome, very smart and quite the actor!

6 comments:

Angee said...

So funny. Mason was Thomas Edison as well. Go incandescent light bulb. I know more now than I ever did about Thomas Edison...

Amber said...

We want to see this presentation next time we get together! HOw fun! Go Thomas!!!

Christy said...

Great job Thomas! I think you should video it and put it on for all of us to see. Wahoo!

Unknown said...

You have amazing kids! But why wouldn't you! You guys are amazing parents! I sure miss going to the temple. I can't wait until we can go together again! Thanks again for coming to the hospital! I love you friend!

marilyn said...

Thomas is my hero, sounds like he has an amazing mother too! Did Thomas make up the poem, it is pretty clever, I love hearing about famous people, and they really are just normal people that never quit, and are quite creative, I wonder what Thomas Heaps will invent, not I am very interested to find out, I know it will be Great! Love you

Angie said...

Thomas you do look so handsome! I love the bow tie! We love you!