background

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


Dad, I LOVE YOU! You are always there for us! Here are ten of my favorite things about you:
1) It is so much fun to listen to you talk about your day at dinner. Your conversations are always so upplifting. I have never heard anything degrating come out of your mouth.
2) I love our family scripture study. Your input brings light to what we are studying about. You are a natural teacher that teaches well!
3) Your testimony is so strong and whenever I hear it, mine grows stronger too. I know that your testimony is built on Christ. I've always known you know the church is true.
4) You love to play with us. Whether we are hiking, running, swimming, laughing, biking, walking, driving, or talking, your light makes the moment even better!
5) Dad, you are one of the best examples I've ever had. You are always striving to do better and to be better. I love your determination to serve. You are always looking out for others and you aren't afraid to act upon inspiration. I will never forget when you stopped to help a lady put stepping stones in her car even though she said she was "fine." You didn't let that stop you!
6) I love your laugh! It brings joy whenever it floats into the room.
7) You are such a hard worker. You work super hard at work only to come home and help around the house. You grill, do the yard work, and help out with anything else. You are always willing to help.
8) You give the best massages and tickles! (If you haven't ever had one before, this is defiantly something to experience before you die!) Before bed practically every night, your fingers are ready to get a workout. You take time out of your free time to spend time with us. I love that time I spend with you!
9) Daddy-Daughter-Time has got to be my very favorite. I love going to the temple with you. It is so much fun to feel of the spirit while being with you. I have really enjoyed running with you these past few months. I would not want to go out on long runs if I wasn't with you. You keep me going and it's fun to talk to you.
10) I have never seen someone quite as patient as you. You are always willing to wait in order to get the most out of the situation.
I truly believe that you are the BEST dad ever! (I'm sorry, to all of you that think your dad is better, but my dad wins over all!) I love you!
-Jac


Dad, you are nice, kind, caring, loving, not proud. You are one of a kind.

I love your "tickles", talking with you, playing sports, camping and hiking.

I love you Dad! Thomas



Dad, I am grateful for you.

I like to do a lot of things with you especially cuddle and talk.

I love you! Emily

Matthew, thank you for being such a wonderful father to our children. You are always there for them, willing to listen, play, help and teach. I am so grateful to be by your side as we do our best to raise our children.

As you can see, you are adored, you are looked up to, you are loved, more than you will ever realize!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rose said...

What a sweet tribute! Thanks for your example to the rest of us!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Wow, what a lucky dad...you can't get better then this. Beautifully written and 100% deserved! Miss you all!!

Jac-I laughed so hard @ your comment on my blog. I hadn't even paid attention to what Gracie was wearing in the pictures until you said that! How could I have missed that, I'm not sure!

We can't wait to see all of you. ( I loved the picture of your dad's arms around you @ the track meet.)

Amber said...

AWESOME tribute, Jill. Matt is really awesome and you've captured it in this post.

marilyn said...

This must make Matt feel that it is all worthwhile, what beautiful children, and what a wonderful dad they have and for sure we are thankful that our grandchildren that we love so much have such wonderful parents! Happy Fathers day! love you I ditto everything said

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

aw this is the cutest. you guys are such examples of a loving family through hard times. i miss you guys. I shouldn't.. because I live right next to you! come visiiitttttttt!

Monica said...

What an amazing tribute to an amazing father. Jacqueline I am so impressed with how you express yourself. You can truly feel the admiration and love you have for your dad. I would agree that you have an awesome dad that loves you all very much! Happy Father's day Matt! I hope you felt loved you deserve it! Can't wait to see all of you----soon!!!