background

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Swine Flu...Day 9

Yes, Thomas has now been in his bedroom for 9 days! As you can see, he is feeling much better, and he is VERY READY TO COME OUT! He still has a stuffy nose and some congestion so he has to stay put till ALL of his symptoms are gone; just to be safe.

Thomas' top 10 "great" things about being Quarantined to your room:

  1. Room Service
  2. T.V.
  3. Leo (who would not leave his side till he knew Thomas would be OK)
  4. Luxury of my bed
  5. nearby garbage can...lots of tissues and other lovely things :)
  6. Get well cards, and visits through my window
  7. My very own bathroom
  8. Knowledge of remote controls
  9. Playing games with my Mom
  10. Playing Nintendo with Jacqueline

Thomas' top 5 reasons he's excited to get OUT of his room:

  1. The Sun
  2. FRIENDS
  3. Feeling Good
  4. Being with my FAMILY
  5. JOBS (added by Mom of course!)

When he found out he couldn't come out of his room on Friday, he was more depressed than I have ever seen him! My heart just broke for him. I put on a mask and we played connect four. I must say I am REALLY good! I saw life come back into his face and the smile that I have missed so much.

It has been so lonely having no one to talk with and be around. He followed me up the stairs Friday night and told me it had been a whole week since I had given him a hug! (Yes, I know I am a wonderful mother) I felt so bad, As I hugged him tight I realized how important touch is.

I have been so impressed with how well he is handling this. He is even trying his best to keep the Sabbath day holy. I went down to his room and he was listening to Sunday music while reading Tennis Shoes among the Nephites.

No one told him he needed to do this, he is doing it because that's who he is. I love him dearly and am grateful for his wonderful example!

3 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Oh, Thomas! I wish I could come hug you! Please take pictures of your first moments in the real world again! SOON, I hope!??!! You are such an outstanding person...so brave! We love you and have been praying for you!

Unknown said...

The poor thing!!! I feel so bad! It broke my heart "visits from the window"! Get well soon Thomas!!!

marilyn said...

Thomas you are truly awesome, your true character shines though when the going gets rough Thomas gets tougher, choosing the right isn't a second thought for you, because you have already made up your mind what choices you are going to make. I'm sooooo glad you are well and the rest of your family is too, what a miracle and Emily came though with flying colors too. We are seeing a miracle I know, Have a fun summer Thomas and stay well, can't wait for my hug! love you