background

Monday, September 28, 2009

Grandma Pink

It is always a special day when we get to visit with Grandma Pink. She has been so ill the past few years and she is very ready to see Grandpa again. This has been a huge trial for her because she is such a "go getter". These days it's a huge feet just to get herself out of bed! Every movement brings excruciating pain. It's amazing how she can still greet you with a smile and have positive and encouraging things to say.

Thomas has watched his dad give Grandma messages many times so he was more than happy to fill in for him. He was so tender and soft; it is great to see the love he has for his Grandma.
I know where my dad gets his sweet tooth from; his mom!
My mom on the other hand, still prefers Fiber One bars for some crazy reason:) The kids tease her that when she dies she will be buried with her running shoes and some Fiber One bars! This of course, will not be for a VERY, VERY long, long time!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

marilyn said...

What a fun day, and great pictures to remember that day it really made grandma happy !!!! love you

Christina said...

So cute! She'll be buried with the Fiber One bars because no one else will want to eat them, I'm sure! :) That is too funny!

Christy said...

Isn't family just precious! Give her an extra hug for me.... I wish I could still my G-ma one. I love how tender your children are with her. What can I say? I have a soft spot for those who are wise-in-years. Your lucky to have them!

Amber said...

Christina's comment gave me a good laugh- so true!

These are sweet pictures.