background

Friday, September 18, 2009

The "Y" tradition

On Labor Day we hiked the "Y". We asked the kids where they wanted to go hiking and Emily was actually the one who pushed for this hike. I think she forgot how "HARD" it was :)

Thomas kept us entertained and distracted by telling us stories from the Timpanogos Storytelling festival. They were very good stories and, as you can imagine, Thomas is a very good story teller.

We did make it to the top and enjoyed the beautiful view of Utah Valley. We live in such a beautiful place!

On the way down Matt recognized Bronco Medenhall, the BYU Football coach. Thomas was in awe (and so was Matt!) Matt told him,"We are your biggest fans." I wonder how many times he hears that one. It is true; when it comes to football games we ALL enjoy them because it means going to Grandma and Grandpas house!
What would I do without these 4? I don't even want to think about it :)
GREAT MEMORIES!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I love how much fun you have together! The page with three years on the mountain is really awesome. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday! Love you!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I too love to see your family together....AND loved the three year photo. What a great idea. You have to keep up the tradition now!! I can just see the post of 10 years of "Y" photos!
I wish I was seeing you Sunday!
Love you!

marilyn said...

the picture of Jac and thomas together I had to take a second look thomas looked so much like Justin it was certainly a pose like Justin would make, I love that your family has traditions, those are what makes memories so special and your family is very very special I don't know what I would do without any one of you and I can't even think about that! Love you

Monica said...

I love this tradition! Hiking the Y brings back such great memories! After we took Mom and Dad on that hike they were hooked on hiking! One of my very favorite things to do as a family is hike! Love seeing your family grow! Amazing where the time goes! Love ya sis!