background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Clinic Day

Emily wasn't happy when I checked her out of school today because she was going to miss all the fun stuff like pizza day and recess! This is actually very nice to hear since school isn't her favorite thing :)

Emily is still doing really well. They took TONS of blood today for a bunch of tests to see how her body is handling Jacqueline's bone marrow. They even took blood from me for one of her tests. I had to be very brave! I was wishing Matt would have been there...Emily would have loved to see him cry!

Just for the record, Emily's WBC is 2900, her ANC is 1700 and she weighed in at 18.3; a little lower from 18.7 but not a big deal. These counts have stayed in this range pretty much all summer. They don't act concerned so even though they are lower then normal they must be in the OK range.

It has been 3 months since her last dose of steroids so they are taking her off the rest of her medicine! She has been on 3 different antibiotics to keep her from catching things. To tell you the truth, this makes me a little nervous since she has been getting more ear infections since the doctors took her off her other medications. Taking her off everything will be a HUGE test. Especially since she is being exposed to so many germs at school. It will be very interesting to see what happens. Cross your fingers everyone!!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love your positive attitude and faith. I can't believe how well she has done all year! She is such an amazingly tough fighter. I am so glad that she is liking school and adjusting well! We love you guys and you are always in our prayers!
I'll call you tomorrow to finish our conversation. It has been crazy and that day we were moving my grandma and my aunts had just arrived from Utah! I love you sis!

marilyn said...

my fingers are crossed and she and all of you are constantly in our prayers, one step at a time, does your whole family need to get the swine flu shot? she is in so many prayers, love you and I know you will know what to do!

Christina said...

That is so good to hear that she is doing so well! You guys are seriously amazing! I am so glad that she gets to do school and that she loves it as much as she does!
Way to be brave, Jill!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Hmmm...I bet Em is missing her teacher from last year!:) So many changes!! However, the fact she IS doing well has not changed!!:) We are praying this WILL continue into the new territory ahead!
We love you all and want to see you!! Did I hear we may be seeing you in November???? Can I get my hopes up!!?!?!?!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
GOOD LUCK this weekend! You will ROCK IT!!!!!! and enjoy it too!:)
(in that sick way that runners enjoy a marathon.)