background

Monday, September 21, 2009

"They say it's your BIRTHDAY"...

It's hard to believe that 11 years ago I was racing up and down the stairs at the hospital trying to get Thomas to come :) Our lives have been very blessed ever since! He always had big open eyes and a grin to match, not wanting to miss a thing!
Thomas struggled with a lot of ear infections as an infant and no one would believe me until they looked inside his ears. "He is too happy" they would say. This has always been true for Thomas. You rarely see him without a smile. He is more then happy to give you a big bear hug when your day may not be going so well.
A few fun memories of Thomas are:
  1. Pulling on his Dad's and Grandpa's ears whenever he had the chance
  2. Grabbing my face in his little hands, giving me big kisses!
  3. Carrying around his dinosaur EVERYWHERE!! and always having his hand in a claw shape and one eye closed... very ferocious
  4. Cowboy boots, Woody, then of course, Buzz Lightyear
  5. Singing in the Subway bathroom at the TOP of his lungs!
  6. His BIG heart :) He is never "too cool" to tell me"Love you Mom"
Thomas is in the middle of two sisters. Living with no brothers has bothered him at times, but thanks to the Jones who have 5 boys he gets a feel for it there! Maybe being the only boy isn't so bad after all:) Having sisters has given Thomas the opportunity to show his sensitive and caring side. He is such a great brother to both of them. He has definitely learned patience and how to be "softer" (the word we had to use with him when he was little) Jac and Emily are very lucky to have Thomas as their brother. They enjoy playing with him and hanging out together.
Thomas has a love for MANY activities. He loves all sports; especially soccer at the moment:) One great thing about Thomas is that it doesn't end there. He LOVES to SING any chance he gets:) He loved learning how to play the piano too. I never had to tell him to practice. Our neighbor would comment how she would see him practicing at 6:00 a.m. when she was leaving for work!

Thomas also LOVES to READ. If you don't hear Thomas singing, most likely it's because he is cuddled up with a great book. He enjoys learning new things and challenging himself. He pushed me to let him be in the accelerated learning class at school even when he didn't know anyone else who was doing it. He has never been one to do something because "everyone else is doing it!"
Thomas is very dedicated, hard working, LOVING, fun, dramatic, enthusiastic, loud, intelligent, kind hearted, strong, creative, athletic, responsible, polite, a leader, faithful, and of course CRAZY! He has a way of lighting up the room with enthusiasm and happiness wherever he goes. It has been a wonderful 11 years :)

Happy Birthday Thomas ~ WE LOVE YOU!

13 comments:

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this post!! I love that boy SO much!! Tell him Happy birthday from me...His FAVORITE cousin :) haha. I have the cutest cousins in the world! I miss you all terribly! I love all these pictures of Thomas, he is such an amazing boy! Wow. oh P.S. I'm coming to UTAH for conference weekend!! :)

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Oh my gosh! I loved celebrating and seeing these pictures in the happy birthday slide show! Thomas-- you're amazing! I love you SO much!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUD!

Angee said...

I can't believe he's 11! thomas is very funny, i totally agree with that one!!
-kenzie

Anonymous said...

Awww Happy Birthday to Thomas!! And a Happy Birthing Day to you!!

Angee said...

Thomas is definitely loved by many. Happy Birthday to the cool kid! He has so many great qualities that you listed and I would like to add - good friend and respectful.

Let's celebrate...

Christina said...

Wow! He looks just the same! ;) I can't believe he is 11! That is just crazy. What a lucky family!

Amber said...

This is so fun to look at! I loved every minute of your birthday slide show. It brings back such happy memories. You have such a big, kind heart and smile. I LOVE your singing voice. I hope you keep singing. Thanks for being such a great example, nephew and cousin!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!

Kimberly said...

What fun pictures. I love the one of him in the yellow dress (I'm sure he isn't too fond of it). I also love the Jamaican pic. He is such a fun guy. I'm sure there is never a dull moment when he's around.Happy birthday Thomas!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Thomas!!! WOW 11!!! I love all these pictures it brings back such fun memories for us! Your amazing energetic personality is contagious and so fun to be around! You do give amazing hugs! Aunt Monica wishes I could have a Thomas hug right now! You have a way of making everyone feel loved and always remember that we love you!!!

Unknown said...

Love the post! Thomas is such a great kid! Happy Birthday Thomas!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We love you sooooooooo much. I took that picture of you in the yellow dress!:)I remember the exact moment like it was yesterday! My kids pull it out every now and then and get a good laugh! We also have some really cute pictrues of you and Mitch dressed up like Buzz Lightyear. You were...no you ARE the cutest, greatest kid.
This post made us miss you a LOT!!!

marilyn said...

I love your post Thomas is all that and more well rounded and amazing, I can imagine him doing many marvelous things in his live and his kind heart and loving personality will take him anywhere I love My Thomas Hugs he alwys makes you feel so loved, I wouldn't change anything about him, except he is growing up toooo fast! Happy Birthday to a great awesome wonderful boy !!!! love you

Amy said...

How fun are those pictures! Thomas everyone loves you man, you are such a good kid and you make everyone around you smile. Happy Birthday!