background

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5K fun!


Jacqueline came with me and my running buddies to run in a charity 5K on Saturday. I have actually never run in an official 5K before. It was very challenging to keep sprinting for 3 miles! OK, not really sprinting, but for ME it was :) I was SOO ready to quit!

Jacqueline came in at 19.44 taking 1st place in her age group and 2nd place out of all the women running! Leesa came in right behind her to take 1st in our age division of 30-39 year olds. Jessica took 2nd and I came in 3rd at 22.24. Stephanie would have beaten us all if it weren't for having to push her 2 kids in a stroller with a wheel that came off 3 times! She had to keep stopping to fix it, yet she STILL came in at an 8:15 pace! She is amazing!

It was so fun to have Jacqueline running with me...even though she was not really WITH me, you know what I mean! I am looking forward to many more races!

2 comments:

Deni said...

Jill,

You are amazing. I've never run a 5k that fast. Heck, I thought I was doing good at holding a 9:30 today for 6.3.

Way to go!

Amber said...

Amazing. I'm so impressed!!