background

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Field Day Fun!

Why not do two crazy things in one week? Friday was field day and I let Emily go! As you can see, after making sure everyone in her class was healthy, she didn't even wear her mask!

For 2 hours she hung out with her class playing games and getting to know her classmates whom she has only seen a handful of times. I walked around just watching, and of course giving the occasional squirt of hand cleaner. Emily had the time of her life! She was so happy to be FREE and do what other kids her age are doing.

One of Emily's biggest highlights was getting to have a SNOW CONE! She has been begging me for one all winter. Sorry, SNOWIES are only around in the summer!

"Mom, this must mean it's SUMMER" Emily screamed when she saw them.

Can you guess what flavor she had? She actually got spoiled and got to have a second one when the kids were playing a very wet game with sponges. (Not a good combination for hearing aids and a central line.) Em didn't mind a bit having to sit that one out! mmm...anyone want a snowie? Please take Emily along :)

At the end of field day the early birds went home and the later gators stayed for another hour. Emily wanted to stay so, shh...don't tell the doctors...I let her! I even went home and came back to get her!

Everyone I saw said things like, "Oh, she must be doing so good to be here!" WELL, not really, but I've got a rebellious streak going. Why not enjoy it right?

Maybe if we ACT like her body is strong and healthy, it might actually happen!

I don't think I am going off the deep end. I am trying to be careful, but at the same time trying to let her live a little too; since it's so close to summer and less sicknesses in the air.

I am not so sure the Doctors would agree with me quite yet but hey, maybe this Tuesday our ACTING like she's healthy will pay off with GREAT COUNTS!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sooo awesome! Look at how wonderful she looks! I have THE best place for a snow cone. Although it is up in SL you will never taste one better! We will have to make a trip!

Christy said...

I'm glad that you have a stinker streak in you.... I never would have guessed! We'll pray that your little escapee has a great check-up and you can just "show" those doctors who knows best. Hurray for Happy Days!

Janine said...

I'm so glad she got to go. How can you look at those pictures and wonder if you did the right thing? It's written all over her face that you did the right thing. She looks so happy! We continue to pray for her and for your family. Thanks for all your sacrifices with Matt's new calling. :)

marilyn said...

Jill I never worry if you are doing the right thing, I know you are inspired and Em does need to feel like a normal little girl sometimes. I love to see Em so happy