background

Monday, August 31, 2009

FALL SOCCER

Emily was sooo excited for soccer...until the first practice that is. "Did you have fun?"
"NO, all you do is KICK!"
After comments like these I was very pleased to see her work so hard at her game. Thanks to her cool pink soccer shoes(Thanks Jessica) and big brothers tips on how to kick the ball she was a real trooper!

After staying in for 15 minutes she was pooped! I have seriously never seen her so tired. She went in again for about 6 minutes and she was done. It was so fun to see her running after the ball and kicking it whenever she had the chance!

The coach is so patient and understanding. He is so willing to work with the girls and help them learn and have fun at the same time. I am excited to watch Emily's stamina increase as well as her confidence in knowing she can do hard things.

When we got home she flopped down on the floor and stayed there for the next 45 minutes not moving an inch! It was hilarious:)
Thomas is on a competition team this year which has already been really fun! the boys are working so hard! They even run 2 miles on the days they don't have practice.

We are lucky to have a professional photographer taking amazing pictures (AKA Angee) This will be the reason Thomas will have much better action shots! (I keep telling the kids that I would LOVE to have a camera that would take pictures like this...it could be for my birthday and Christmas...for the next 3 years!)

He has a great team with some great coaches who love what they are doing; it's a wonderful opportunity to challenge and push him!

Thomas is such a go getter! It's a blast to watch him in action. He never stops going and he never gives up. He loves a challenge and loves to improve. I've always been impressed with his determination to always do his best!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amber said...

That must be so good for Emily! Well, for all of the kids of course but so great that the coach works with Emily to build her stamina one step at a time. Love the pictures.

Unknown said...

How fun! I missed the deadline to put Sofi in. Suprise, suprise!!! I am kickin' myself for that!!! Did I ever tell you that Gary coached comp soccer for years. He was actually coching Lehi high when we were dating and first married. He obviously hasn't for a few years. But he still plays indoor soccer once a week or so. We love soccer around here!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Wow,this is wonderful! Soccer takes soooo much energy! I bet she was exhausted! Love her pink soccer shoes. The Purple Jackets-very cool. I remember one of my kids team was the purple popsicles! Mandi's first year playing all she cared about were the snacks. Does Thomas have more practices now? Great action shots and I love the background sunset! We would love to come see a game!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

p.s. I'm waiting for your first day of school posts! Did you make cookies?

Monica said...

You have the perfect title for your blog! You guys always "Keep on Moving! I don't know how you do it all girl! You don't miss a beat! I love Emily's comment! I love her honesty.You would never know by how active your family is that Emily has SCIDS! You guys don't let anything slow you down! I know where your kids get it from!

I remember those soccer days with such fondness! I miss them! And hopefully we can see your little soccer players play someday soon!

marilyn said...

Way to go Em and Thomas how exciting to have Emily actually getting to particpate like a normal child it is so exciting, oh how I love my precious grandkids I really feel sorry for other grandparents that don't get to have our grandchildren they are the BEST!!!!!!! love you