background

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 82

Just a little update to tell you how Emily is doing. She is doing FABULOUS!!! She has her last day of Prednisone tomorrow. This is the med that makes her so puffy and achy and ornery! Ya Hoo! Her counts are looking great and the Docs are so pleased with her progress.
She is back to her old tricks with not eating much. A few weeks ago the doctors warned her they would have to put in a feeding tube. I have been stressing over this. Matt tried to get her to eat a cheese stick on Sunday and she threw it up! She is just not hungry, and nothing seems to taste good to her. I took her to the store last week and told her to get anything she wanted. She picked pretzels and carrots! She wanted pumpkin muffins the other day, after having a great time making them she finally took a little tiny bite about 4 hours later and said she was done!
Anyway, When I told the nurse she is only eating about 700 calories a day, she told me not to worry about it. My jaw dropped! This is typical of the medical world...they stress you out one week and then the next they act like it is no big deal! I seriously don't get it! I am not going to worry about this anymore, she will eat when she is hungry, right!? Just wait till next week...

Other than that everything is going so great...very different from her first BMT. They could never get her counts to come up where they needed to be. I am so grateful not to be going down that road again. What a blessing!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Whoo Hoo! No more Prednisone! You guys looked like you were having a great time in the snow today! Really looking forward to the Primary Program!

justwhiting said...

Hurray! No more prednisone!

Cyndy said...

Wow Jill, that is wonderful news. My Mom had to be on prednisone for Graves disease for a year when I was young and I remember well how miserable she was on it (she got up to 300 lbs.!) I didn't know that was one of Emily's medicines. I am so glad she is doing so well, for her and for you!

Lisa Hartle said...

Yipppeeee! I'm so happy for sweet Emily!