background

Friday, November 28, 2008

EMILY'S EATING CONTRACT!


I was changing the tape on Emily's NG tube last night. She hated it of course and it started coming out. I tried to push it back down through her nose and she kept freaking out, choking and gagging. She finally pointed to her mouth and I looked in. The tube was all twisted inside her mouth! I have never put one of these in before and I decided not to try again. We called the nurse to come so the dirty job. As we were waiting, she kept begging us not to put it back in. Matt made a deal with her, showing her how much we give her at night. She promised she would eat PLUS drink 3 ensures a day. She drank last night which was a huge accomplishment.

Jacqueline wrote this contract and Emily signed it PROMISING to drink 3 ensures a day, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, eat snacks in between if needed and, my favorite, not throw a fit or yell while doing it!

I don't think I have seen Emily this excited or motivated about eating in a long time. We are hoping that she will stick to this contract knowing how awful the feeding tube is!

I really hope she will do it. It would make life a lot easier on her and me! Cross you fingers everyone!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Emily,
You are amazing when you put your mind to it you can do anything! I am so proud of you!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I think you can, I think you can, I KNOW you can, I KNOW you can!!!! You are so good at doing hard things Emily,( I think you got that trait from your mom.) We love you!!!!

Kellie said...

What a wonderful family you have! We were so excited to get your Christmas card and see you have a blog! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you at Abi's bday party but it was fun catching up with Matt. We were talking about how Emily and Emmie were in the hospital together when they were born (and in ICU). Our Emmie had IGA deficiency so I'll have to get with you for some pointers. We love you guys!

marilyn said...

Emily I know you can do it, there is nothing you can't do when you put your mind to it. Remember Heavenly Father does His part and you do your part, Like Aunt Jolyn said I think I can, I think I can. I love you so much, I would eat for you if I could but this is something only you can do. I want you stroung and healthy, you are the best!!!!!!!!!! love you!!!!!