background

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Angels watching over us

I read this scripture today, Ether 12:6 "Dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
This summer when we were contemplating what to do for Emily I wanted so badly to know what the outcome would be with our decision.(Doesn't everyone?) We had to go with our hearts, knowing that the spirit would have to guide us on this one. Many times during the last few months I have asked Matt to remind me that we KNEW this was the right thing to do. It is amazing how you can forget if you don't consciously keep it in the front of your mind. Satan loves it when we lose focus!

We have definitely had to step into the darkness trusting, believing and hoping that everything will work out.

Even though it seems we are walking into the dark for who knows how long, I have realized once again that the Lord NEVER lets you walk alone. We have had so many Angels in our lives I can't even begin to tell you all that has been done for us.

We received a letter in the mail this week with the return address "Angels watching over you everywhere, USA" I showed the kids and we all felt so LOVED! There really are angels watching over us!

It seems whenever I start feeling stressed about things someone comes to our aid. A phone call asking if they can watch Emily, a note of comfort, some money to help with bills. I could go on forever and I know you have all heard my ramblings before but I would feel very ungrateful if I didn't once again thank ALL of you for listening to the promptings the spirit gives and acting on your feelings.

I know we have a rough road ahead but with the Lords sweet tender mercies he continues to remind us that we are not going through this alone.

THANK YOU for being our ANGELS!!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Thank you for the inspiring post. I need the constant reminder of having faith. I always say, "I can all the faith in the world - if I could just know the when and where!" It doesn't work that way and I need to remember that!

marilyn said...

The Heaps family is one of those angels, your growth has been amazing and helped me vey much just watching the faith that you have. It would be easy to have faith if you knew exactly how and when it would work out, but we do know that you are being watched over and that is everything all we need to know is the Lords time table and not ours. He knows what is best. Emily is happy and so amazing, love you soooo much

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Jilly,

Thank you for sharing your love and testimony with us. It truly strenthens mine. We are so blessed to have the Heaps family in our lives. Thank you for letting us be apart of this journey.