background

Friday, December 19, 2008

Emily's Class Christmas Party

Emily went to her 1st grade Christmas party today. She was SO excited! All morning she begged me to let her go NOW! When Emily walked in, everyone was so excited to see her! She was nervous at first but I was amazed at how quickly she warmed up, relaxed and had fun with everyone. Mrs. Moore is such a wonderful teacher. She did a great job prepping the kids and helping Emily to feel just like everyone else.

The kids have been writing their own stories, illustrating them and sharing them with the class. Mrs. Moore had Emily read hers to the class. She told me after how scared she was...I was so impressed that she DID it!

The kids had a fun gift exchange and then enjoyed some free time to do miscellaneous things. Emily was having so much fun I let her stay for recess too. It was hard for her to leave. She really misses going to school and seeing her friends.

I am glad she went today. I think it is good for her to know that she has not been forgotten and that she has friends that love her. I don't think she will have a very hard transition when she goes back. She might start to miss Leo sitting on her lap during school and having a much shorter school day but I am sure she won't want it any other way! I will probably be the one wishing she were home again. I have been very blessed to have this time with her.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

marilyn said...

How exciting, I wish I could have been there to see that happy little face, Emily is amazing how she adapts to change. What a fun day for her, yes Em you are loved, expecially your grandma and grandpa!

Jackie Heaps said...

Yeah Em! What a great mom to work things out so she could enjoy a school Cmas.

And you've got to teach me how to add words to the picture pile...

Jolyn Buhrley said...

The pictures are so cute! They all look so happy to see Emily!!!
I want to hear your story too!

Amber said...

What a super treat for Emily AND those kids in her class. They'll never forget, I'm sure. I like how mom describes Emily as adaptable. Is she ever! What a great quality to have. She will be happy no matter her circumstance.

Christina said...

Too fun! Christmas parties are always a blast! I love her headband! Did you make it? Emily, you look so beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time!