background

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Clinic Day

Emily is 16.9 kilograms which is down a bit from last week. We are going to try her on some medicine to help stimulate her appetite. I thought we has all ready tried this but apparently the medication she was given before was just to help get things "moving" through her system!??? And why was she taking this? (I am realizing I really need to be on top of what she is getting and what exactly it is for!) If this doesn't work she will be getting the "button" which I am hearing is NOT fun! Let's pray the medicine works!

Emily still has a lump on the back of her neck that is not going away. The nurse talked to the Infectious Disease doctors wondering if it could be the same kind of lump she had when she was a baby. (She had a form of tuberculosis which she ended up being in the hospital for a month and 6 months of heavy duty antibiotics to get rid of.) Anyway, they asked if she had problems with ear infections. Funny thing, she has one right now! They said it could be a pocket of infection in relation to her infection or may even be the cause of it. Who knew?

The plan is to have her on heavy duty antibiotics for a week. When we go in next Wednesday, (yes we have to go back in a week!)we will see how it is looking. If it is not getting better they will go in and remove the lump and send it off for a huge list of tests to see what is going on.

On a good note, Emily's ANC count was at 1500 again today; even though it didn't improve, it didn't go down so we are very happy about that!

Well, here's to another week of hoping to get rid of that lump, ear infection AND of course, LOTS AND LOTS OF EATING!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

We are praying! I can't imagine how hard this would be. You are so brave. GO EMILY, Go! Happy Eating!

marilyn said...

Emily has to have more prayers than anyone has, We love that little girl so much, I thought you weren't going to clinic till next week, it sounds like its a good thing you went in, all she needs is more medicine, I can't believe it but I do know with all my heart she is being watched over, and that brings a lot of comfort. And this too shall pass" love you

Jeremy Whiting said...

Emily needs to get into eating holiday cookies. Someone should get on that.

Monica said...

You are all my example! I can't help but hear Sis Dalton's quote from conference in my mind when I read this post! With the Lord's help we can do hard things! You are all such an example of this! You're in our thoughts and prayers!