background

Saturday, December 27, 2008

We feel so loved!

I have to laugh because I WAS on my way to bed at 10:00 tonight when we heard a very loud knock on our door. THIS is what I found waiting!

We want to thank all the people involved with putting this basket together. We can tell you know us well! From the Clorox wipes (I NEVER use them...ha ha), the coloring books and markers, the pop tarts and yummy cereal, and all the darling cards...EVEN a BYU one! (Thomas' favorite of course!) Let's just say we will be having quite the feast this coming week. I am going to even cook my very first turkey (any tips would be greatly appreciated!)

I am so touched at the outpouring of love that is being shown to our family. I can't even describe in words how much it means. I have tried before and I will keep trying because it is one of the most humbling experiences Matt and I have ever gone through. We have recieved gifts of love from people we know and those we have never even met!

We WILL pay this forward someday....you have all taught us how wonderful it feels to be remembered and cared about. Not only does Emily feel loved but you have made sure to include our whole family, realizing that this is a trial ALL of us are going through!

There has been so much talk of people having a smaller Christmas this year. For our family, it has been just the opposite and it has all come from people who are willing to sacrifice THEIR needs and wants to give to us. We have never been the type to go into debt for Christmas. It was so nice to be able to get a few things for our kids without feeling guilty that we weren't spending it on medical bills.

I will always cherish this Christmas. It will be one we will never forget. It has been life changing for all of us. Thank you for helping us learn to be served (which is a VERY hard thing to do), and for teaching us HOW to serve!!! None of you are looking for recognition, you have all done your service so quietly, not caring about being thanked openly. I hope you are reading this and know that we are forever grateful for all you have done for us!!!

We feel so blessed to have you all in our lives. We pray that you will know how much we appreciate you and love you all.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I just wanted to tell you guys how great Emily looks lately! I don't know how she is doing medically, but when she came over to play with Anna, I was so excited to see her looking so happy, good and normal like nothing was wrong with her!

Amber said...

We miss you guys!! I don't like not being able to see you. We need to play with the Heaps!!! I'm hoping next week that everybody will be well.

joslyn marie said...

Heaps,
You are all so loved by all! Including US!!! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!!! You give so much love in return! Thanks for sharing this post it puts things in perspective! That is why we are here to reach out and serve! You all give and serve in so many ways! Hope you are enjoying the Holidays! We are leaving today to play in the snow at my moms cabin! We will think of you!

Monica said...

Heaps,
That last comment was from me! Joslyn must have been the last one to log on to Wade's computer--not that she would have said the same comment! We all I mean ALL love you ALL!

Monica said...

Heaps,
That last comment was from me! Joslyn must have been the last one to log on to Wade's computer--not that she would have said the same comment! We all I mean ALL love you ALL!

justwhiting said...

You guys are the best!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

DITTO,DITTO,DITTO!

EXCEPT...... that
WE love you the most.