background

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Emily's clinic update


Emily LOVED going to clinic today...She got to pick out a stocking Full of fun little toys and games. Are you surprised she picked the DOGGY one?

Last week Emily started some new medications. One of them was to help get rid of the lump on her neck; it didn't work. What it did do was give her diarrhea! We are stopping this med and will be going in soon to have it removed.

As you all know Emily started Megase, the med to help enhance her appetite...it worked! All week she has been eating really good! It is so weird to hear her say "Mom, I am hungry" or "Mom, I want Costco pizza(AGAIN!!)" She has also been very ENERGIZED. She puts the energizer bunny to shame! It has been days since I have seen her laying on the couch not feeling well and exhausted. She wakes up singing "I have energy" "I don't need a feeding tube!" "Leo, you need to eat or you will have to have an eating tube!"..."Mom, do dogs ever get feeding tubes?"

At night she says, "Mom, how can I go to sleep? I have too much energy, I can't turn it off!" (Last night we all went to bed and she was still in the kitchen having a SNACK!) It is fun to see her so happy and full of extra energy!

She went to Cambry and Mia's house yesterday and Angie told me how shocked she was when she walked downstairs to see a huge mess! Emily hasn't played like this in months! (Thanks Angie for letting her make the mess at YOUR house!)

When Emily got on the scale today I was shocked when she was 16.7 kilograms, which is a loss! The doctors came in ready to tell Emily she was going to get a feeding tube in TODAY. I told them NO WAY! She has been eating, but everything is going right through her because of the Augmentin. After drilling me to make sure she really has been eating, they agreed to give her another two weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
They could tell she was a lot happier and did confirm that the Megase can make you 'Manic' as they put it, meaning her high energy is definitely coming from the medication. She has also been more on edge this week, yelling out and getting upset over things she usually doesn't. Matt kept telling me it was the medicine! (I hate side effects!) Thank goodness it hasn't been that bad but I do hope she doesn't have to stay on it long.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amber said...

You are troopers. This is one looooong roller coaster ride. We will keep praying that Emily won't need the feeding tube. Love you guys!!! We ALWAYS pray for Emily.

joslyn marie said...

emily! You made my day by calling me today! You will have to send your elf yourself to me again. Joslynmariegoodman@yahoo.com. I cant wait to see it!

Deni said...

Don't you love when the Dr.'s tell you how things should be?

Stick to your guns. Emily is going to be just fine!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I am soooo happy Emily WANTS to eat!!!!! Let's pray the side effects ease up and the hunger increases!! (I was yelling out at things last night that don't usually get to me.....hmmmm I don't have meds to blame it on?!?:):)
Hang in there, you are doing fantastic!!!!

joslyn marie said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jill. You really are the best. I love you. Wish we could be there to celebrate!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday---Birthday girl! Out shoveling snow for your birthday! You are just a do it all girl! You seriously AMAZE me! Can I be you when I grow up! I hope you have the best birthday ever! Thanks for looking after Dad! I hope you got your present from me??? Love ya tons!!!