background

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 54

I took Emily to Sego Lily (her elementary school) this afternoon so she could have her picture taken for picture day and have her picture with her classroom photo. They take all the single pictures of the children and put them on a sheet to show who was in their class. Anyway, she was nervous to walk in with her mask but soon relaxed when there were very few people around.
After her quick photo we put the mask back on and she asked if I would show her Mrs. Moores room. When we walked into the doorway all the kids started to yell Emily's name and run over to her! Mrs. Moore called them back to their seats and let Emily say "Hello" to everyone. I sat there with tears in my eyes. It was such an amazing experience for Emily to see her classmates so excited to see her.
She wanted to say a quick hello to her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Cullimore; when she walked in, Mrs. Cullimore was so excited to see her and gave her a big hug!
My heart is so full as I write this because Emily felt so loved and cared about today. I am so glad it turned out to be so wonderful! She was beaming!
Channel 5 News came to our house to interview Jac, Emily and I this afternoon. They are planning on running a clip showing her 6 years ago when they did a clip on us and now. It should be fun. Emily is very excited! It will air during the 4:00 and 5:00 news hours tomorrow night. Not the most convenient time but we were ousted by economy troubles tonight! Emily kept asking "Whats economy?" She was not happy she has to wait a whole day to see herself on TV!
It is so funny because when Jacqueline was 6 she wanted nothing to do with being on TV. She hated stuff like that! She was a good sport today though and answered all the questions with confidence even though it still is not something she would choose to do EVER! She did it for her Sis.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I waited up to see it on the 10 o'clock news like Grandma Whiting said it would be on!! I can understand Emily, It is hard to wait!

Amber said...

I hope you can get a copy! See you tonight!