background

Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Hospital "Vacation"



Emily woke up this morning coughing about 5:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. She started to get a fever about 8:00am and even though I tried to ignore it hoping it would go away, we were on our way to the hospital by 10:00. Emily was not happy about this but she new she wasn't feeling well. Surprisingly she has handled this trip so much better then the last. She realizes that she needs to be where the doctors can get her better.

Matt told her how lucky she is because she gets to be on a "Hospital Vacation". She laughed but has kept such a positive attitude throughout today!
She hasn't had a fever since this afternoon and we are hoping it stays that way. She has to stay for a minimum of 48 hrs. and then she can come home if she is not fevering and is doing well. Keep your fingers crossed!
She has seriously been such a trooper. She has been laughing and singing and teasing. Out of the blue she will stop and say "I miss Daddy, I wish I were home with Leo" I tell her I wish we were home too! After she states how she really feels she perks up and tries to enjoy what she is doing! I have been so impressed!!!

I've got to go...she is shivering in her bed and needs me to snuggle with her!Goodnight everyone!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sorry! We will pray that you home real fast! You have lots of people cheering for you.

Ging said...

I know that must be a bummer, but don't let it get to ya! You will be home before you know it! You have a HUGE cheering squad!

Amber said...

Jill, Can you tell me the measurement from Emily's collar bone to her ankle bone? For Nicki's first try at sewing with a pattern, she is making a pink princess dress-up for Emily.