background

Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 73

Wow, I can't believe it has been 73 days since transplant. I asked the doctors what exactly day 100 means. It is actually an evaluation time where they take more tests and look closely at how everything is going so far. For people who don't live close to Primary's it is the time when they usually get to go home for the first time. For us, things will be pretty much the same but we will keep with the countdown just for fun anyway.

Emily is doing great! Her newest love is learning about Helen Keller and Abraham Lincoln. She loves to google pictures of them and learn about their lives. It is scary how quick she is on the computer. I have to watch her so close!
Teri Allred helped her find some ancestors on the genealogy website today which she can't stop talking about either! It is fun to see her get so excited about learning!

She is definitely getting hairier with each day. I see her every day and it is still shocking to see how fast it is growing....everywhere but her head! She is finally getting some, but most of it is growing everywhere else. She yelled to me today "Mom, come and see this, I even have hair on my knees! You're not supposed to have hair on your knees are you?' She is our furry little monkey. The cutest one you'll ever see!

5 comments:

Monica said...

I can't believe it's getting close to 100 days. You have been through so much these past 73 days. You are such an inspiration to all! Jill call me I want to run some things by you to see if the fundraiser might still be an option!

Amber said...

You are adjusting to home school faster than I ever did. It is so motivating and inspiring to let them take off!

marilyn said...

Emily I am so proud of you for many reasons, but you are learning so much on the computer, its is amazing, you will be our genolagist (spelling is not correct) And Jill you are amazing too, love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I feel like I just had a conversation with all of you by reading the comments! MOM, YOU ARE TOO FUNNY. I can HEAR you say the things you write. WE ALL LOVE YOU, spelling and all! :)

Justin reminded me today,(my justin)that Emily's voice is still the same!! She may be a hairy monkey, but our beautiful Emily she will always be!! xoxoxojolyn

joslyn marie said...

She is the cutest! Hey. email me your email. joslynmariegoodman@Yahoo.com. I cant wait to see you guys November 20th. We will be there for three days! Love you guys
xoxojossieandgolden