background

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NO FEVERS! YAHOO!




When Emily's doctor and nurse came in this morning she told them she was on a hospital vacation; the doctor said, "Well that's no fun because there is no swimming pool!" The nurse gave him quite the look and told him what a great comment that was! I just looked at Emily and said, "Oh yes there is...the BATHTUB!" She liked this and decided to still enjoy her vacation!(Doctors know the best things to say don't they??)

I asked her today what her favorite part of the day was and she said, "My hospital vacation! Then she said she loved having Mary come to visit and Grandma and Grandpa Whiting. Grandpa even came in a mask!"(he has a little tickle in his throat and wanted to be safe.)This was so wonderful for her since the first thing she said to me as we were driving up here yesterday was, "Who's going to come and visit me?" I told her I didn't know and that it isn't easy for people to come up every time she is here. She didn't agree with me and begged me to call people anyway!

Emily was so sweet and loving all day. She enjoyed watching TV and coloring to her hearts content. It is amazing how positive she has been.
It looks like we will be able to come home tomorrow and she is very excited! She made sure to add this to her prayers tonight!

It is never fun to be sick but she this one has been very short lived...we will take it any day!

1 comment:

Meg said...

SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!! What is that doctor doing in a children's hospital anyway!! hahaha seriously!